Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Pan

Painting the PMDG 900 srs

Guest Ted_Pan

I got a question...Can someone tell how to use the PMDG painting textures?I did some painting using Photoshop - on the textures named; pmdg_900_full_right and pmdg_900_full_left (downloaded from PMDG) only to check on other downloaded textures and see that all use the textures named; PMDG_800_FUSE_LEFT_T which are Targa textures.When I painted those texture files they dont allow for layers and transparency... granted I am not a painter...I beg anyones assistance...Thanks in advanceRegards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

No experience with painting aircraft, but lots of experience with photoshop here.I'd try converting the Targa files to PSD (save as>.psd), making sure it's a 8bit RGB mode file first, then do the editing you want, and then save it back as a Targa.-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest Ted_Pan

Thanks Lee,Didnt even cross my mind!Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Ted_Pan

Hmmmm...I am not able to preserve the transparency that I had using the layers in the first set of textures...Help! Please.... Note the stripe over the window and door belowhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/107678.jpgRegards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest thscholz

Ted,have a look at this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=40792&page=105But have in mind, that the offset of -911 for the 737-700 is a bit different for the 737-900 (I can't remember the exact value for the 900).And if you use the search function in this forum you'll find a lot of hints.CheersThomas

Ted,I wrote a not-so-brief set of instructions awhile back to another customer. Do a search for painting and see if you can locate it. Basically, you'll need to work with the PSD files first, then paste your work into the tga's ;-)

Guest thscholz

>..., raise it back to 100$:-eek CheersThomas

Guest Ted_Pan

Hi Pete,Sorry... I couldnt find it... I searched using painting and your name together and separately.. nothing...I never seem to be able to make that search work no matter what I do..I give up...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Ted_Pan

Hi John,I guess I am missing something here... It seems that it should be much easier than its turning out to be?Its time for bed... any ideas on something I can read that I can follow along step by step? Somethings' gotta enable me to do this stuff? its not like I've just fallen off the turnip truck...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Ted_Pan

Ok...I dont get it... I see other textures and they show up with the base showing through... why?Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest thscholz

Ted,in the PSD first check the order of the layers. The layer with your painting must be under the other layers. Then merge all the layers and copy it into the TGA via the clipboard (copy/paste).If that doesn't work, maybe you could describe step by step what you're doing.CheersThomas

We could do it in steps just zip the psd file and e-mail it to me...Then we go step by step it's real easy...Andr

André