Sign in to follow this  
Guest dolbinau.

Own forum?

Guest dolbinau.

Hey PMDG,have you ever thought of getting your own Forum?Such as Invision Board, Simple Machines, or PhpBB?Honestly everyone I have talked to hate the Avsim forums and end up giving up asking for help because they can't even register. I also personally dislike the forum software.It would be kool if you had your own forum away from Avsim, It would be less confusing to view topics and post them aswell.

In my own opinion, AVSIM forums are one of the coolest and best flight simulator forums on the net. There are also couple of others, like Flightsim Network, but as far as I can see, none so big.I cannot thank enough AVSIM administrators and whoever is keeping the website up!Not being able to register or hating AVSIM forums - In the couple of years I'm visiting these and other forums I've never heard anyone talk like you. Everyone registers and there are many many satisfied "customers". And if you need help with the forums, administrators will help you also very quickly (I contacted Ken Salter some time ago about two things and our email exchange was very fast).And my opinion about forum's software, I think it's functional. It does pretty fine everything someone could want from it. ONLY function I'd like to see added is when I go to search and write something into the search field, that search starts by pressing ENTER, not that I have to click onto the search button. But I observe that function as a very minor flaw. Not something that disturbs me really.Final opinion: AVSIM is doing great and I disagree with you :-)

Guest dolbinau.

Avsim is the mother of all FS Forums, however its the forum software I'm (kinda) [and others that I know] Complaining about, not the administrator's, members etc.. ;).Maybe I'm just so used to invision board over at fs2004.com