Sign in to follow this  
Guest oshie

737NG weather radar?

Guest oshie

i was wondering if the pmdg team were considering making the wx radar functional for the 737ng family,like it is on project magenta nav display?it's just that all the associated buttons are modelled as if it were to be developed at a later date. anyone any idea? john

Guys,I fully appreciate the fact that if an accurately working model of the weather radar is not possible in FS, then it is better not to model it. On the other hand, just for preflight procedures and cockpit preparation, do you think you could include a wx radar test function which gives the annunciations on the ND, etc. Also maybe include the Mach Airspeed warning test, stall warning test, flight data recorder test, a dummy IRS panel so that we can turn on the NAV switch, a light test switch, maybe even an oxygen mask test. Just some food for thought.Cheers and happy flying,Dinshaw.

Guest CaptainAnt

Having a look at Rockwell Collins Avionics website, I noticed their current weather radar offering (for 737's), which really looks great. I wish PMDG would investigate this technology and make such a display as part of their award-winning and progressive strides in the sim addon market not only for the 737, but also as a part of their upcomming 747.Hey!.. a basic AI traffic radar might also be a good idea and not too difficult to develop. Maybe they can look in the direction of Eric Marcianos AI traffic radar, which no longer works in FS9, as a basis for an update, much missed in FS9.CaptainAntCape TownSouth Africa

Mr CaptainAntPlease take a look at the Forum Guidelines pinned near the top of the first page. You are required to sign every post with your real name.>Hey!.. a basic AI traffic radar might also be a good idea and>not too difficult to develop. Maybe they can look in the>direction of Eric Marcianos AI traffic radar, which no longer>works in FS9, as a basis for an update, much missed in FS9.Erh... Have you checked out the TCASII system that comes with the -800/900? Cheers,