Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

Using multiple screens with PMDG B737NG

Can anyone tell me how to set up a two screen environment so that I can put say the overhead and FMC windows on the second display thus reducing the amount screen changing that has to be done.I have two LCD's working in the windows environment, but in FS2004 it won't work.Neil Bradley

Neil,I am running on two monitors. And it is working perfectly in FS2004. What is not working for you? You need to be a little bit more specific if we are to be able to help you. ;-)Some thoughts though:- Don't try to run two monitor setups in full screen.- You need to set up both monitors in FS2004. Settings|Display|HardwareCheers,

Guest mangold

Hello Mats> I am running on two monitors. And it is working perfectly in FS2004.Same here.Exept SOMETIMES when shifting an additionally opened window to monitor#2 the cursor starts flickering.I recover this by max/minimizing the main window in monitor#1Found no explanation up to now.Anyone made similar observation?G

Guest mc.kar

Hi NielSince you write that you got your two screens down working in a windows enviroment I assume you have a gotten to the point that your desktop expands over to the secondary monitor (you have to be able to mouse directly back and forth between the two screens).I also assume that you have read the PMDG manual as to how to setup the OHP for multiscreen enviroment.So...heres what I do.Make sure that you have setup the desktop expansion over to the sec. monitor BEFORE starting FS9. Then Start FS9 and open the flight in FUL SCREEN mode. Open the panel you wish to move to the sec.monitor. DRAG the panel to the side of the screen so that more than half of the square is out of view. It has to be to the side where the sec. minotor is setup (from the desktop expansion setup). Close the panel and open it again....Voila...it will now open on the sec. monitor at the location where you "dropped" it on the pri. monitor. Adjust from there. Same procedure to get the panel "back" to the pri.monitor (should you want to do that).I use this method instead of switching FS9 to windowed mode and undocking the panel since my graphic driver is a bit senitive to FS9 switching btw. windowed and full screen mode.Hope this helps...and have funHaving a sec.monitor should be mandatory for flying these complicated jets....lolBest regardsMichael ChristiansenKarup, Denmark

Michael,Thank you for your reply, but I am curious about the procedure in a PMDG Manual? I have downloaded all the operational manuals but I can't see anything obvious. Could you advise me where I would find the procedure?Regards,Neil Bradley

Neil,This is something not specifically related to the PMDG, it's more of a general FS-setup, so you won't find anything in the PMDG manuals about it.Also. If I remember correct the procedure Michael describes for full screen set-ups only works with some graphic card drivers. I remember being able to do it with one set of drivers but has after changing them never been able to do it again. Check the General MSFS Forum particularly pay the subforums Hardware and Tips & Trix a thorough visit. You should be able to find lots of posts about this there.Hope it helps,

Mats,Thank you. The replys have been most helpful and I now have the second screen working well. It sure makes things easier to be anle to have the subscreens up, especially the FMC, and to be able to interact with them without covering the main flight panel.Prior to this on a single screen I set up the EICAS and Throttle windows over the Overhead window so that I could go through the start procedure without having to click through the windows to do the job. That worked very well.A great product isn't it?Regards,Neil Bradley