Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

pmdg and laptops

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

I just wanted to have some feedback. I just bought a laptop for study purposes and I'll be getting it in about a week time, so I'll be away from my desktop for a few months. It's a centrino 1.5Ghz with 512mb of ram.I wanted to know if with such a computer it would still be possible to have the pmdg 737 and fs2004 running, just to play around with it a little, without bothering to install any sceneries etc.If not, at least the 737 600/700 version with fs2002, would that possibly work?Thanks.Regards,Bjorn

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Thank you for your feedback, when I'll get I'll see...as you say the video card might be the area of concern, it's a radeon ATI 7500 32mb...but even if I have to use the -600/700 with fs2002 I'll be happy anyway.:-)Take care.Regards,Bjorn

Guest JosephSAnderson

I run PMDG with FS2004 on a Thinkpad X30 with 1.2 Ghz and 1 GB of RAM. I run all sorts of scenery, Ultimate Traffic, and various add-ons. I can do everything, including the 3-D cockpit with PMDG. At certain points I do get slow framerates (< 10) and have to also wait for the laptop to catch up scenery-wise when flying. But I can do all the learning I want, interact with ATC, track flight using third-party tool, etc. So everything runs and I enjoy being able to fly, etc. while traveling. Joe

Guest mangold

Guten Tag Bjorn.Here PM737NG 800/900 is running on a Vaio GRV516G with ATI Radeon 7500 32MB , WinXP and FS2004Nearly all sliders to the right (in 2D only) the average f/s range between 7-14.This Vaio has a 16" display and i plugged a 2nd TFT display.Regards, G

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Thank you very much guys for all your feedback,this is looking brighter than I thought! :-)I guess I'm looking forward to enjoying the PMDG on the road, who knows, maybe it will be even better than on the desktop pc.:-)Regards,Bjorn