Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Adding Weather to The FMC

Guest stevepow

Hi there Fellow Pilots,Well i have made a few flights with the PMDG aircrafts and i must say i dont like to fly anything else. This aircraft in my eyes is unbeatable. Ok that said I have been flying the aircraft with out any wind I put 360/0 into the wind section of the fmc. But now i want to start flying in some weather so i want to start putting in the real wind number but where do i get this information. I know in the sim if you hitnumber one it tells you some weather information but within that message what info do i need to put into the fmc.Can anyone help me??

Guest forever_49ers

put in the temperature and the wind information the ATIS provides you.Put it in on the INIT REF Section of the FMC.T/C OAT ( on the FMC ) defines your outside air temperature ( in Celsius as far as I know ).the wind is inserted as direction and strength, e.g. 180 degress / 10 knots you enter 180/10 into the scratchpad and insert it into the FMC pressing the little button to the right of the text (CRZ/WIND).you can try this website for a brief explanation on how to read the weather reportshttp://www.studentpilot.com/training_aids/...nd_school_id=20hope this helpsSteve

Guest jettjokk

I'm pretty sure the numbers on the init page are for top of climb temperature and cruise alt wind. If you additionally wish to populate the descent forecast page with some wind speed/diections at altitudes you will descending through I use the NOAA National Weather Service website. On the homepage on the left there is a selection for Aviation Weather. Then you can choose winds aloft. Then you choose a region containing your flight. You will get back a text list of stations in the region with temp/wind info for various altitudes. There is an explanation how to read these on a click on that page. Of course I do this before the flight but I get a pretty good match with downloaded MSFS real weather. Of course you can also hit "shift+Z" once and get the wind speed and direction at any point during the flight-or just read it off the ND. I sometimes see a wind different than the one I put in the descent forecast so it can be corrected on the fly.DanS