Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot4Life

Alarm noise when I apply full throttle

Guest Pilot4Life

Hey guys, I go through my checklist and everything and when start taking off and I apply full throttle I hear an alarm and I have trouble rotating...once I get in the air the AutoThrottle won't engage and the autopilot won't work...what's going on?!

From the PMDG web page FAQ.H.2) I hear a loud beeping noise whenever I attempt to takeoff!?: This sound is the Takeoff Configuration Warning System. If you hear this sound, it is the airplane's way of telling you that you have forgotten at least one important step while configuring the airplane for takeoff! The TOCWS is triggered by the following events:1) Flaps not set for takeoff (Flaps are UP or flaps are in landing range.)2) Parking brake is set.3) Trim is out of the takeoff range (not modeled) Determine which problem is activating the horn and you will ahve found the unsafe condition in your cockpit. If you have any additional questions.. don't hesitate to ask :)Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Pilot4Life

what about not being able to recieve autothrottle or autopilot I know it's electrical but everytime I toggle the GEN switches nothing happens

Guest Pilot4Life

what about not being able to recieve autothrottle or autopilot I know it's electrical but everytime I toggle the GEN switches nothing happens

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I believe the hooter also goes off if you haven't set the autobrake to RTO.

Dave,It shouldn't do that. I don't think RTO is mandatory for takeoff. Just very handy!! :-)Cheers,

Ms/Mr PilotForLifePlease take a minute to read through the Forum Guidelines pinned near the top of the page. You need to sign with your real name on each post.You should make sure your two ENG GEN are online i.e. no blue lights on the overhead. That's the only reason A/T won't engage. For your A/P not engaging we need some more information.Hope it helps,

Also, try taking a look at one of the tutorials available here on AVSIM or from PMDG's site. Will help you configure things properly.