Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

Sceneries

Guest tomahawk_pa38

One of my most regular flights with the 600/700 is Heathrow - Glasgow and return, mainly because its only an hour long. Trouble is, since I upgraded to FS2004, I no longer have any decent Glasgow airport scenery, because with FS2002 I used to use GB Airports (FS2000/2002 only).Anybody know of any plans for some decent Scottish scenery please ?

I have the same trouble my friend! I use the excellent British Airports scenery but that seems biased towards England & Wales. Not sure if there is a patch for the GB Airports for Fs2004. May be worth checking www.justflight.comRegardsBen

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ben,Yes I asked Just Flight and just got the reply that GB Airports was not compatible with FS2004.

Pity GB airports was great in FS2002. Will keep my eyes open for any scenery.CheersBen

Guest tango_d

Hi Dave,I have been using Iain Gallachers fabulous freeware scenery - It is for FS2002, but I did ask him via email first about compatibility. I have pasted his reply (I'm trusting he won't mind - he's always very helpful) which I hope helps you...'Hi Eddy Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.Whilst I can't claim that the scenery is 100% compatible you will find the files perfectly usable in Fs2004 and I believe many users are quite happily using them so.The main incompatiblity issues are in some textures but these are hardly noticable.What you want to make sure of, is if you are using the AI aircraft around the airport then you must have an Afcad file specifically made for my scenery in FS2004. Such a file is available at either Avsim.com. Any problems with the Afcad or anything else please let me know. Best wishesIain' And his link is... http://www.visualflight.net/scotflight/freeware.htmHope this helps and best wishes Eddy (North Wales - UK)

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Iain,Thanks for your help and i'll give it a try - just one important point which I hope someone wil answer for me. This may be a bit basic for some guys out there but what exactly are Afcad files and how do you use them ?Thanks for any help as usual.