Sign in to follow this  
Guest PdeBruin

Upgrade of FS9 the PMDG software fails

Guest PdeBruin

Hi, I am using Fs9 with the PMDG 737 NG series 600 already for a while with much pleasure. However after yesterday's upgrade withthe FS9 software upgrade from the microsoft site the whole aplication fails completly after an initial start. I got an error that the UICP version is not correct ( version 9.0 xx instead of version 9.0 yy ) after which the FS9 software tries to load without PMDG but fails with generating many other DLL errors and finally comes with an error message report to Microsoft with and excuse for the inconvenience for the user. All in all the flight simulator software does not work anymore after the upgrade. I have looked at the PMDG site for an bug report or any recommendations and also in this forum but could not find any resolution for my problem.I have de-installed the PMDG softwarewith the help of the installation disc but this does not help.The system is an AMD 2Ghz with 1MB memory and windowsXP - service pack2 installed - Have had no problems and is very stable so far andin use dedicated for FS9 with PMDG 737NG - 600/700 version 1.3 Thanks for responding to my quest in order to find a solution, regards Peter

Mr/Ms NamelessPlease take a second to read through the Forum Guidelines pinned near the top of the page. You need to sign your name on each post.The woes of not reading the manual! ;-) On the upgrade page at Microsoft you have some documentation to read through before you commence to patch to FS9.1http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...lish.asp#issuesPay special attention to the section "Problems with FSUIPC". And see if that may be your problem.You could also pay the General MSFS Forum a visit. There should be a wealth of information there for you if you do a search.Hope it helps

Guest PdeBruin

Dear Mats,Thanks for your quick respons and hints with regard to name andMS link. I have checked the upgrade link earlier but withoutsucces as it refers me to a paid option of UICP. It said: software that relies on FSUIPC may have problems running after installing the update. You can obtain the latest version of FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. However I paid already a feefor UICP as part of the PMDG package explicit mentioned at the siteof the vendor. See FAQ pages. It seems that PMDG does not follow the upgrade of the FS9 package is for the moment my conclusion. Peter de Bruin

Peter,Where does the page refer to a paid option of FSUIPC?There's only one version of FSUIPC released at any one time! Now it is version 3.45 and you need something higher than 3.40 or something like that in order to use FSUIPC with FS9.1The FSUIPC needs to be upgraded. All upgrades are free of charge. You can choose to either register, and pay for, your FSUIPC to use all extra functionality of the software. Or choose to use the freeware functions of FSUIPC. The free unregistered FSUIPC will give you basic functionality which is needed for the NG.The PMDG NG works perfectly with FS9.1 as long as you got the patch installed correctlyBTW: Have you updated your NG to the latest 1.3 version?Hope it helps,

Guest PdeBruin

Hi Mats, At the support page of the precisionmanuals.com site SECTION D - FSUIPC / NAVDATA the following quotation : Answer D.1) You mention FSUIPC in your documentation. What do I need to know about FSUIPC?:FSUIPC is a module written by Pete Dowson for use with many versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator. FSUIPC serves as an information interface between MSFS and many highly sophisticated addons for Flight Simulator.PMDG has partnered with Pete to use FSUPIC as a method to control various functions within the simulator in order to enhance the realism of your simulator experience. While we would encourage you to purchase a full use license for FSUIPC, it is not necessary, as PMDG has purchased a "PMDG Product Limited License" that allows our airplane to interface with FSUIPC for the data it needs.Further to answer your question, I have indeed bought the version 1.3 of PMDG and the strange thing is the FS9.1, the FS upgraded version when it starts and fails mentions in their error report an FSUICP with a larger version number then 3.xx something like 9.0.xx if I remember correctly So, If I read your sugestion correctly there is a free of charge FSUICP version that would solve the situation? I have just re- installed FS9 with-out the upgrade and PMDG as it comes out of the box - With all the assigments of CH products it cost me some hours and would not like to redo it all over.Cheers, Peter de Bruin

Peter>While we would encourage you to purchase a full use license>for FSUIPC, it is not necessary, as PMDG has purchased a "PMDG>Product Limited License" that allows our airplane to interface>with FSUIPC for the data it needs.Yes but the FSUIPC software still needs to be updated and you as the user has to take care of that. What was shipped with the NG is the version that was available at the time of producing the CDs which I think was before FS9.1 patch was handed out by Microsoft.>Further to answer your question, I have indeed bought the>version 1.3 of PMDG and the strange thing is the FS9.1, the FS>upgraded version when it starts and fails mentions in their>error report an FSUICP with a larger version number then 3.xx>something like 9.0.xx >if I remember correctly Good so as far as the NG is concerned you are good to go. You should take a note what the error message reads as it's usually esier to troubleshoot if you know exactly what it said. Even if you, or I, don't understand it maybe someone else will. ;-)>So, If I read your sugestion correctly there is a free of>charge FSUICP version that would solve the situation? YES! www.schiratti.com/dowson and download the 3.45 version. Read the read-me file and install appropriately.Hope it helps,

To add, once you have completed the upgrade, I would recommend that you let FS9 recreat your FS9.cfg file. With the many changes you are making and the startup issues you are having, your FS9.cfg may be corrupt.

Guest PdeBruin

Mats and George, I have deleted everything including the foldersof flight simulator software. After this I made an defrag of the main disc and switched the system off. After reboot a clean system with a new loaded fs9.0 - then a update with fs9.1 - Then the FS-NAVinstalled and assigned the knobs and pedals of the CH products.Further I have downloaded the FSUICP - but before going to continueI will make first a full backup of the current environment which works fine. After that I will install PDMG 737 with the an upgradeof their FSUICP DLL to the new one before loading/starting the sim.Trust this steps are in line of your thinking and should solve the problem. Hopefully the downloaded FSUICP recognizes the license ofPDMG - I keep you posted of the progress. Regards Peter de Bruin

Guest PdeBruin

Guys, I am happy to say that the solution your sugestions worked.As said before I have installed PDMG-737/600 version 1.3 after theupgrade to FS9.1 and removed the FSUICP DLL file installed by PDMG. Then replaced it with the newly downloaded 3.45 version and fired up the simulator. The sim runs like before and probably better ... The only thing I did not install is the software that takes care of the lack of a CD4 in the player - as I do not like to have this thing spinning there.The current fs.exe is very large and asume there is a lot of codeneeded to perform a better job compared to the old one which Iused to eliminate the CD4 in order to start the sim. Anyway Thanksa lot - it was vey helpfull Regards Peter de Bruin

Glad we could help Peter! :-)Cheers,