Sign in to follow this  
Guest teeloo

747 Fluid levels

Guest teeloo

Hello,Did PMDG consider independant fluid use of the systems of the 744?ie Hyd, Oils etc?All I'd love to see, is when I save the situation, I am able to reload an carry on with the same 'old' plane...Yeah, I know, this is rather a wishlist ;-)Teeloo

Correct me someone if I am wrong but I think the only "fluid" level that pilot can monitor on his/her gauges is fuel. Other fluids only show up as pressure or temp.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

If I were piloting an aircraft I would like to know my engine oil quantity! I think/hope ;-) this is a standard parameter to monitor.Cheers,

On the real NG737s, you can monitor Hydraulic Levels, Oil levels as well as your normal fuel. One thing that I wanted to see was the maintenace page on the FMC. As part of the check that is completed at the end of every day, the engineer goes into the FMC and can find any problems taht occured during the day (eg; Engine faults (Warnings etc. Also, you can see how many times the APU has been turned on during its life etc.. it was really interesting. But I remember PMDG saying there is no point. Although I would think it would add a lot to this B737.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Michael and others ;-)The 400 will have the Synoptics pages for Engines (oil qty, temp and press) Hydraulics (qty, temp and press) and of course the Fuel page for all the tanks so you can check fluid levels to your hearts content.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Z-MAN

Wold you consider some additional engine simulation. Example: Engines deteriorate as the hrs are flown....or do we always have same old-new engines. I wold like to see some maintenance aspects of the Sim. Of course I am day dreaming.....Zoran

>Example: Engines deteriorate as the hrs are flown....or do we>always have same old-new engines. I think such effects are so minute that they would add very little to the final effect consuming instead horrendous additional development time. Consider it my $0.02 on the subject.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest GabrielR

On the other hand I think it woould be nice to have the Windshield Wiper Fluid Levels and temperatures modeled also.... LOLSorry I couldn't resist...

I will be expecting a pogo stick temperature gauge somewhere.Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

But of course Jay, what good is the synoptics page without that ;-)RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

You were too cheap to buy the option :-lolOr is it due to the fact you switched the display ;-)RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

>You were too cheap to buy the option :-lolHa! No, I forgot to switch on the generators.... Darn... where have I heard that before :(I guess I should RTFM!Cheers.Ian.P.S. Yep, I had to switch the display (Lower EICAS is dead with Standby Power only).

>P.S. Yep, I had to switch the display (Lower EICAS is dead with Standby Power only).Tell me about it! :-)(keep forgetting to do that too)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg