Sign in to follow this  
Guest albovell

Flare / Autospoiler behaviour??

Guest albovell

Hello guys,_____________________________Question (1 / 2)it seems to me that the flare mode arms and works flawlessly after first:- activating APP- second autopilot (:(and- flying down the glidescope with acceptable airspeed.However I've had a couple of cases regarding slight overspeed just after intercepting the glidescope, resulting in automatic APP -> VOR mode change and autopilot B discon (the computer thinks we shouldn't land, in other words, and raises the nose :-). With some mad piloting (and mad passenger discomfort too) I've managed to get the airspeed down and the plane back on the glidescope, but without the flare mode armed, meaning the plane will touchdown.. well, not-so-smoothly. :-D Anyone know the fundamental basics of making flaring to work and arm, so it could even be armed again after losing it for some weird reason?_____________________________Question (2 / 2)I don't know if this is some bug, or just really bad piloting.I'm using the 3D cockpit when flying, and haven't quite figured a fool-proof way to arm the autospoilers yet (yep, I idle main throttle before touchdown, and reverse thrust after all gears on ground).- When arming the spoilers in the 2D throttle window (shift-7), nothing visually changes in the 3D cabin's throttle console. Speedbrakes armed light _illuminates_ though.- When arming the autospoilers switch in the 3D cockpit, nothing happens in the 2D throttle console. Even the speedbrakes armed light doesn't light up this way.The most interesting part is, that only combinating these two methods, perhaps a few times in a row randomly, sometimes results in correct autospoiler behaviour on touchdown. So my questions is, especially to you 3D cockpit pilots, how do you arm and make autospoilers work from time to time? Every little bit of info helps, it might turn out that the reason is only some false flying technique of mine. :-)Thanks already!- Aleksi Bovellan (aleksi@heyday.fi)- PMDG 737-900 (with all updates)