Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Role of FD on hand-flown ILS app and landing ?

Hey John:Good to "see" you here.I downloaded the Level-D 763 on Day 1, but have not activated it yet. My FS9 fleet is too big and I got stuff I bought and have not even used yet! Well, learning the NG for me is an object lesson in the richness of FS9. The NG really is quite amazing and I am impressed with the systems and functionality. As you see, I am learning something about it all the time.Odd as it may sound, I really have not done very much hand flying on approach in FS other than de-coupling from the AP. And I am not sure I have ever used a FD that was quite so rich and functional as the PMDG NG; previously, I'd read or heard from others (who don't use the PMDG NG) that you could NOT use the FD for approach and landing in FS. Wrong again! And no, I honestly didn't know how to set this one up for approach and landing on a hand fly basis (sorry I am so stupid!)I absolutely can't wait for the PMDG Queen to come out. You know how I feel about Her Majesty....!Cheers,Jonathan

Guest diajohn2

Like you I can't wait for the PMDG Queen. These other a/c will just have to sit in the desert once that beauty is released.Take care,

Jonathan,FD is absolutely a jewel device when it works well and is used by professional pilots all the time when they hand fly.I really enjoyed reading your report from Denver. You have a knack for writing.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Hey, Michael:FD is indeed a jewel. I NEVER appreciated it enough. Thanks for your posts, advice, and compliments!I love writing. I hope to fly as well as I write one of these days--especially in FD mode! (just re-read the AFDS thread you directed me to earlier, thanks.)Jonathan