Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

Frame rates on new coming 744

Guest alextooi

Hi PMDG Crews, I notice the frame rates for exsiting 737NG is accpectable, butfor last week, once purchased Level D sim 767 & found 1 of theirgood feature is using the DXT format & it's seems help a lot on frame rates also the smoothness motion when using the spot view. A question is, will PMDG new 744 will have better way to improvesmoothness or may using the DXT3 format as texture...B/Regards...Alex Ooi

Guest Marc Harrington

So far the 747 is the best performing add-on on my machine in terms of fps, when I have noticeable trouble with low fps with others. Partly due to the optimized modeling and texturing and of course because some things are not complete yet. We'll have to wait and see how it performs when it is all complete but we are doing everything with optimization in mind.

Guest Callmecapt

This 747, from what I can see and read, will set a new benchmark in the add on market. I think the PMDG team will be getting a few bonuses from Mr Randazzo once this project is unleashed.RegardsGoran

The Level-D is certainly good on frame rates. I know some people are having issue with frames going down a lot, but not here. The VC is really smooth in the LDS as well, but I noticed a lot of things are left out. I only like the VC for cruising eye candy and find them difficult to navigate while doing stuff important (e.g., take-off, landing). I hardly ever turn them on to be honest. When using Active Sky, the VCs just kill my system with complex weather, so that's my biggest problem.The PMDG is really nice though. Full featured access to anything one needs to fly from the VC if I'm correct. The LDS, although really smooth and nice looking as well, the FMC is basically INOP, as it doesn't show the real data in the window and can only be used by opening it to 2D. Personally, I prefer this because trying to do anything in the PMDG from VC view seems impossible, but I know the VC junkies would prefer the VC model full featured. All in all, I like both equally simply because I only like them for looking around.Oh, and I'm using the 32-bit textures on the LDS, but the DXT is nice to have as you said.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest msk172

There is no doubt I believe all that has been said here, but I cannot help but wonder how the 744 can be so good on framerates considering how precisly detailed every minute system will be. But hey, if anyone can do it, its PMDG. Looking forward to the 744.Mike Kaplan

Guest GabrielR

Well I do not want to stay out of topic or hijack this thread, but in regards to the VC in the PMDG, I only fly from the VC even the FMC is programmed inside the VC... HOW?I have Active Camera, I have set a profile to access the controls even the FMC, so I click for Example Ctrl+6 and i get a all screen view of the VC FMC, and the movement is gradual, is just like bending a little bit if you will and reaching the controls...

>The VC is really smooth in the LDS as wellDon't have LDS but there were number of posts confirming that the instruments in VC in LDS are not smooth at all. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

In the LD VC I see jerkiness only the analog gauges. The PFD and ND rates are no different than their presentation in the 2D panel for me.

Yes, I meant just the overall view when using the hat switch and such. I can look around without stutters, ect...The analog gauges are real jerky though. Maybe a 1 sec update interval in the LDS767. I don't see that in the PFD/ND/EICAS though.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I can tell I am one of those who have troubles with the LDS767. The FPS in the VC are very bad as compared to the PMDG's. PMDG is far better from that point of view. Also, the crosswing auto-landing in the PMDG is second to none (ATR, LDS...). Bravo PMDG

Guest dt1951

I concur, the VC panel is almost useless to me. If it were a choice of VC panel and better performance, better performance is where I would like development time to go...