Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

747 featurettes - really needed stuff

ahahhahaha, great post "which is probably what they do in the real world anyway"Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Diego Martinez

Wellnever tought of going to sleep and wake up for apprach and landing :-jumpy cool ideaanyway why flying a long haul if the nice thing abour simming is the prep, departure app and landing....what really goes on in crz you can have it with a 2/3 hours flight and 747 can do perfectly well on 2/3 flightsDiego

Hi All,I don't mind if I can slew or just beam the plane nearby the destination or run it with 16x. I just don't have so much time.If it can not deal with 16x or slewing or whatever I won't buy it. Life is too precious than to waste it in cruise level.Alex

Guest GabrielR

>Hi All,>>I don't mind if I can slew or just beam the plane nearby the>destination or run it with 16x. I just don't have so much>time.>>If it can not deal with 16x or slewing or whatever I won't buy>it. >>Life is too precious than to waste it in cruise level.>>>Alex>>PMDG: Can I accelerate to 4x my commute from Work to Home during rush hour?Life is too precious to waste it in the traffic Jam...LOL, sorry I could not resist it.

Good idea. That would leave more time for flying.4x should be doable if I get up at 3am and there is no police around ;-)AlexSorry for going off topic...

There's also people who fly VA's and log hours where the VA's allow time compression. Well mine does it up to 4x. I don't usually time compress but sometimes it helps when one can't catch the schedule of a real flight or can't be at the computer by the time the plane hits ToD or final approach. Does time compression take all the flying experience out of it? Well considering most long haul planes like the 747 use FMC's, part of the experience is setting the flightplan. Since the plane flies the programmed flightplan even in 4x not too much is lost. Well unless one is going the next level with something like FSCrew and set on simulating possible failures and passenger complaints during the cruise.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Back to one of the first messages here - I would prefer to be able to stop and save a flight at anytime and then resume it. That would be far more useful than time acceleration. I have saved flights midway before but can't find anyway of restarting them properly. Any ideas ?

how bout autoland at 16x? afterall having to slow down to 1x for an approach is a waste of time... only kidding but for those who want to fly an entire flight at 16x, just do this, world-go to airport, type in your destination, bam your there in the amount of time it takes to load plus your already stopped all you have to do is taxi to the gate and pretend you just landed.. :-rollAndrew