Sign in to follow this  
Guest alextooi

How often are you using Virtual cockpit...?

Guest shaheedan

Hai All,Fly VC + active camera all the time since they put me in the real cockpit and cabin.with VC + AC ,on the ground, i can walk around the aircraft like a real pilot do some inspection on the aircraft.it can't be done in 2D mode.Regards,ShaheedanOil Town,Malaysia

Guest EC0101

> 1)How often % you guys are using the virtual cockpit?> 2)If yes, in what kind of Flight phase...?> 3)What is the most instrument (eg. MCP, CDU....etc) use in> virtual cockpit> 4)Do you think, Virtual cockpit should develop as real as > 2D panel > Or> 5)Do you need the better FPS by reduce the realistic of > Virtual cockpit development or design...?>>B/Regards...Alex Ooi1)I'm using it more and more now that VC's have gotten better looking and more functional. During a flight, 50%.2)Taxi, after take-off, cruise, initial ILS capture. Not during critical moments, as one can't click stuff fast enough compared to 2D. Cause you're zoomed in to see the gauges; but gotta zoom out to pan to next gauge.3)AP, HSI4)yes5)better frame rate would be better; but reduced realism would turn me away from using it completely. As stated in answer #1, they're better now, so i'm starting to use them.

Guest diajohn2

Never, virtual 3D is not realistic for me. I have set in the real thing and the 2D seems like a better perspective. It is also much faster.

So you think, adjusting the AP is a critical phase of flight, but take off and landing is not??!! :-lolWolfgang

Guest Knikolaes

Plain and Simple -- I am a VC addict. If the VC is as awesome as Level D or PMDG and a few other great makers of aircraft models, you will rarely if never at all see me using the 2-D panels. The ONLY exception is the FMC, which I usually call up in it's own assigned window as well from the VC to do my flight planning and programming, then off I go.I love VC's to the point that they are literally a requirement and main focal point to my getting addon aircraft. I like the realism and ability created by the 3-D environment.

I rarely use the VC..why? because I need every FPS I can get. Until we can put on virtual gloves and actually "touch" the switches and controls, I don't see any need for what is to me only a half way house to a 3D environment.

Guest SaVas

I always use VC and have since I had FS-GS do a flight sim overhaul on my PC. Although my PC is not the best or the fastest out there, I rarely get stutter, even when bad weather and heavy scenery is around.If I were flying FS98 I would use 2D, but for me a very detailed VC is where its at for my flying enjoyment. Sometimes I fly as a virtual passenger if there is a virtual cabin. It all depends on my state of mind at the time, but a 2D panel isn't necessary, and if a payware addon doesn't come with a detailed VC, I don't buy it.For each of us its tomayto/tomahto

Guest jamtide

I only use 2D View. However, I do use Active Camera to slew backwards and set a viewpoint over the wing (no cabin graphics in 2D mode). I prefer the functionality of 2D and the for pleasure purposes, viewing out the pax window when in cruise or occaisional glimpses during approach and climb.

Guest Jeff Berman

I only use the 2d cockpit, alot easier for me to read the instruments:-)

Guest navneet_cxp

Same here scott.-NavneetFS 2004 Version 9.1AMD Athlon 64 3000+ATI Radeon 9600 128MB - Anti-Aliasing 6x512MB DDR400 Kingston RAMWestern Digital 30 GB - Seagate 8.4 GBHp CD12 CDRW - Pioneer DVD ROMLG Flatron 775FT 17' MonitorCreative SBLive! X-Gamer 5.1Creative Inspire 5.1 5200Windows XP Pro SP2 v.2180Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2Logitech Cordless Optical Mousehttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpghttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg-|http://www.precisionmanuals.com|-http://www.cpavirtual.org/Delta/images/deltaVirtual.gif

Guest dobova

I don't use VC, except for base to final turn, or circling, becouse is easier to have the "real view" of the runway in visual approch.CiaoDome