Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaim

PMDG 737NG vs. Level D 767

Guest jaim

Hello, How do these compare?.I know the 767 is newer but I have the feeling from what I've read about the two, that the NG is better, even more complex and realistic.Any advice about which to get?. Thanks in advance for your help.Juan

I like both equally. They both have their pro's and con's. But here you go.If you like short, domestic routes get the 737.If you like long, international routes, get the 767. It's as simple as that. I'm just fortunate enough to own both! :D

Guest bigun

Yup, as Dan says. They are both fantastic packages. Have had the 767 since the day of release, as I have the 737. I still can't get enough of the 737. Considering it has been out almost two years now, the PMDG737 is still incredible. I will definately be one of the first in line when the 747 is released.

Guest speight

Yes, I aggree. the PMDG is exceptionally functional and very reliable.The LD76 is still buggy, but I'm looking forward to a good service pack.Wouldn't it be nice if Pmdg did a B757 ?

Guest bigun

Well, IMHO, LDS is the master on 757/767. It would be hard to top them since they have so many years experience with this one aircraft.

I miss the CWS of the 73NG when flying the 767. Just goes to show you the age of the 767 compared with the 73NG. Does the 744 have CWS?

Eric 

Guest Captain Vala

Hi EveyoneI just came online to start a new one with the same topic... but looks like its already been done!Now is there anyone who can actually list some features that they've found missing in one or the other product or if its a nice addition or however you want to put it?Thanks in advanceVala

Guest iain williams

Hello;I just had a look at the 767 and to tell the truth I think the PMDG 737 is far more functional and easier to use. Of course this is probably because I've had 2 years playing with the 737.PMDG appear to be a pretty dedicated bunch of individuals which have proven their expertise and continue to provide top notch FAST support for their products.Just an observation, but Flight One are very buisness orientated and have produced several programs to varying degrees of excellence. All of PMDG's programmes to date exceed everyone's expectations in reliablity, accuracy, and after market assistance.The one thing that does place Level D above PMDG is with their attempt to link their aircraft controls to GoFlight module instrumentation. Hopefully, PMDG will come onboard with this in the near future (I hope).Well for me I'll stick to the winner - PMDG, but that is my opinion only - you may think differently to me - and thats' fine.. Iain

I don't see any point in using terminology like "winner" in any comparison here. Both add-ons are high-fidelity complex simulations of their respective planes. PMDG had some real growing pains early on, and LDS has a few of their own, too. There are features in both that I like and wish the other had...like the ability to save and restore a complete mid-flight profile in the LDS bird, and like the SID/STAR database in the PMDG bird.I do agree that the SDK published by LDS for the 767--on the same day as the initial release, and at no charge--is a significant step forward. But...all that said, I have both add-ons. And I'll have the PMDG 744, and the LDS 757 when they hit the streets as well.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest jaim

Thanks to all for your answers. I've also been reading other threads related to this comparison and I have much more info. on both planes.Now, to complicate matters more, what about the Flight1 ATR? I've been following all info. related to this one since it came out and I also love it. Maybe get the ATR and wait for the 747, which, I agree, will be incredible?. Only problem is I'd be missing a short haul single isle jet. This is where the 737NG comes in and maybe I should get this one also. If this is the case, how important are the -800 and -900?. Considering all 737NG models, it comes to $68 and this makes for a very expensive add-on.Regards and thanks again,Juan

Guest FattyBear

Wow, can we just end this stupid and completely pointless threads? Theres one just like it on the LevelD forums, and frankly it's getting annoying. Both are great add-ons, so just buy whatever you think would suit you better.

>I miss the CWS of the 73NG when flying the 767. Just goes to show you the age of the 767 compared with the 73NG. Does the 744 have CWS?For info.... CWS is/was operational on very old 767's. For some reason, CWS was kept on the 737NG (I guess to keep very old 737 Classic pilots happy? :().I believe it was removed on later model 767's because it was rarely used... and just gave engineer$ extra work during routine maintenance check$.There is no CWS on 744's.Cheers.Ian.

Guest viper18799

I love both models. The one thing I am kind of disappointed with on the 767 is that the graphics and CRT's don't appear to be as clear as the 737. Other then that, I have a lot to learn with the 767 so I can't comment on anything else, but so far, I love both planes.

Guest Captain Vala

>Wow, can we just end this stupid and completely pointless>threads?What is so stupid and pointless about these threads? Everyone's here to compare and learn using the experienced's knowledge, and anyway, isn't that the point of this whole forum?? Maybe you're trying to look loyal to one side or the other, but if you don't like it, then go to another thread, or another forum, no one's neither making you post nor is keeping you here; and after all, I find your post very pointless and a total distraction on the subject.Vala

Guest FattyBear

>>Wow, can we just end this stupid and completely pointless>>threads?>>What is so stupid and pointless about these threads? >Everyone's here to compare and learn using the experienced's>knowledge, and anyway, isn't that the point of this whole>forum?? Maybe you're trying to look loyal to one side or the>other, but if you don't like it, then go to another thread, or>another forum, no one's neither making you post nor is keeping>you here; and after all, I find your post very pointless and a>total distraction on the subject.>>Vala This is a support forum for PMDG products, and while a debate over which addon is "better" may be constructive (with the exception of my posts ;) ), I believe they simply do not belong here, or on the Level D forums. I'm not "loyal" to anyone side. I enjoy both , and have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and joy from both. While you may find my posts to be distracting to the subject, this thread in itself is distracting to what the purpose of this forum is and that is "PMDG support".