Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

GoFlight instruments and PMDG - developers?

Guest iain williams

Hello:I posted this on the GoFlight forum and was advised to post it here also. Apparently (and I am NO expert) the reason why GoFlight modules are buggy with the PMDG 737 is that the code has to be written by PMDG and not GoFlight. As I just said this is what I have been told - nothing else.If it is a PMDG job, then perhaps PMDG can give consideration to linking all their aircraft to GoFlight instrumentation (B1900D already is OK as it's using the FS9 auto pilot) - charge for it if you want to - I'm happy to pay. GoFlight has told me they would be happy to work with PMDG to configure things so that everything works together as a package. Thanks........IainMessage posted on GoFlight forum belowFirst the GF-MCP & other instruments are excellent when using default FS9 aircraft. However, despite several attempts at using key selects to map the MCP & other instruments to the PMDG 737 - it is far from perfect.I have spent hours attempting to recreate the correct movements using FSUPIC and GF keys. To be honest, I am not bothering to use the MCP or other instruments with the PMDG 737 as it is too time intensive to set up correctly, and then there are always additional problems to sort out. Sometimes it works and at other times it fails

hiits interesting that no one responded to this topic.I just purchased the GoFlight MCP and its an excellent unit but i am unable to run it with PMDG which is my favorite aircraft to fly.Can someone from PMDG (developers) work with GoFlight falks so an SDK for the PMDG autopilot can be released and GoFlight people can use it to upgrade and program their configuration module so that MCP may be usable in PMDG planes.I am sure that there are a lot of people out there using GoFlight MCP and would like to see this issue resolved,Would other people who have this unit and would like to see a solution to this problem, please post here and perhaps PMDG developers will take note of this and help us resolve this issue.thanksBo

Bo Klop

Guest iain williams

Hello:Seems no one wants to use goflight instruments with the PMDG.....Iain

Guest tmetzinger

>Hello:>>Seems no one wants to use goflight instruments with the>PMDG.....IainThe issue is that when certain values are changed in the PMDG sim they aren't written to the registers for the default FS9 autopilot, so the go-flight hardware can't display them.On the MCP panel, the only value that DOES write to a register where go-flight can see it is CRS.Now I don't expect PMDG to address this for the 737 - it's DONE and if they ever do go back to it they'd probably end up completely rewriting it because they've learned so much and have better ways to do things. Many people (myself included) have already let PMDG know that they'd pay all over again for a 737 that benefits from everything they learn doing the 747 and others. Perhaps when they get done with other projects they'll revisit the 737.I'd love to hear from some of the PMDG folks whether they'll be writing the following values to the default FS9 registers in the 747, even though I fully expect them to write their own autoflight system.ALTVSHDGSPD/MACHCRSWith that data populated, then Go-Flight modules would display properly.Now, with that said, even though the displays don't work - it's quite possible to assign go-flight knobs and switches to drive every function in the PMDG that is accessible via keystroke shortcuts. See the NOTVAM on the GO-FLIGHT website and info at my website - http://www.metzair.com/flightsim/flightsim.html. I for one will be building a GF MCP and EFIS panel where I just use knobs and buttons on the RP48s to drive the PMDG displays, and there are no go-flight displays except for radios.Best wishes,

It's a crosspost from the general forums where there's been a lot of debunking of his assumptions that everyone would get filthily rich if only they catered to Goflight users.