Sign in to follow this  
Guest wfr

744 suggestions

Guest wfr

Dear PMDG,May I kindly ask if you are considering to implement one of the following features/functions?- Flight Deck Access Light (dark and cold cockpit)- Aircraft Hull Number (variable)- Cockpit Voice Recorder (Test)- Smoke Exhaust handle- Oxygen Mask Test - Ground Service Switch (located at Door 2 L)- Lights Indicator Test switch- IRS Mode Selectors- FMS - Performance Factors- Instrument Source Selectors- CRT Selectors- Heading REF switch- FMC Master switch- Smoke-in-the-Cockpit Situation- Body Gear Steering- Some ACARS functions (as far as possible)Just ideas, no expectations - anyway, looking forward for the Queen of the SkiesBestWalter

G'Day WalterI would say that some of them will be implemented into the B744. Im not to sure about the Smoke in the cabin situation though.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest wfr

Thank you for your reply,one more thing....it would be nice to have random switch positions at startup, so we have to be really careful with the checks.Walter

Guest Callmecapt

They have mentioned that there will be random cockpit setups each time you load up the 747.Expect a helluva plane!RegardsGoran

Random cockpit setups?I dont think that would be very realistic.. unless the a/c just came out of a "Check". As Airliners have set procedures when leaving the aircraft after a flight. It has to be in a certain config.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest wfr

"I dont think that would be very realistic.. unless the a/c just came out of a "Check". As Airliners have set procedures when leaving the aircraft after a flight. It has to be in a certain config."-----This IS realistic. Otherwise all of those checks would be unnecessary.Pilots and maintainance stuff are human beings and despite they are well trained, errors occur now and then.BestWalter

>I dont think that would be very realistic.. unless the a/c just came out of a "Check". Engineers have been known to leave switches in non-standard configurations on quick turnarounds ;-) Lots of switches in random positions usually puts the pilots on high alert... It's the one switch out of place which may catch them out (or more than one of a kind in the same wrong position).The pilots also have to contend with engineers moving switches _during_ their preflights, making it very difficult for the pilots to keep track of what is going on.A combination of all of the above may lead to some very expensive mistakes.Cheers.Ian.

Guest Callmecapt

>Random cockpit setups?>>I dont think that would be very realistic.. unless the a/c>just came out of a "Check". As Airliners have set procedures>when leaving the aircraft after a flight. It has to be in a>certain config.>If you were a pilot on ANY aircraft, would you just hop in without doing any checks assuming the pilot that was using the plane previously had done proper shutdown checks?Not attacking you but I think a random cockpit setup would be fantastic each time you hop in. And PMDG HAVE mentioned in a past note that it WILL be implemented. RegardsGoran

I would prefer a cold and dark option. I want that everytime I load her up.

Eric