Sign in to follow this  
Guest williehj

FMC Number Pad

Guest williehj

Hi Everyone;Last week I bought the PMDG 737-800/900, and at this point I am trying to learn the FMC. However, whenever I use the number pad I get numbers other than the ones I punched in, e.g., whenever I enter the number 7 I get the number 4 in the scratch pad. The same goes for number 8, 5 comes up; for the number 9, 6 comes up and so on. I thought this particular version, published by Aerosoft, included all updates. If anyone else is having this porblem, please let me know how you solved it.

Perhaps make sure Num Lock is on (check if in windows applications, if you type 7 in the num keyboard, if really 7 pops up).

I've had that problem when I resized the CDU window to fit a second monitor which can only take an extremely small resolution (less than 800x600). It is as if the actual "gauge surface" underneath the bitmap can only be reduced to a certain limit while the bitmap can still be shrunk beyond that. Happened with another addon with an FMC too. You might want to check those two things, the resolution of your monitor and the size of your CDU window.

Guest williehj

Hi Jet 1;Thanks for your reply. However, I am not sure just what you mean by smaller resolution; do you mean smaller than 800x600 for the monitor or inside FS9? Just what do you suggest my FS9 and monitor's resolution be. Moreover, if I resize my CDU can I save it so that it will come up that resized way everytime I call it up? Thanks again_______________________Willie

If you're using a fairly normal resolution (1024x768 up and similar ratio) you don't need to worry too much about it. I think. Just check if you have resized you CDU to a very small size.About the permanent CDU resize, I don't think it's possible. As is well known, due to it's complex nature the 737 needs to be loaded on top of the default Cessna. To save panel setups (sizes) you would need to save and load up a PMDG 737 situation, and obviously you can't do that because you need to load the Cessna first.