Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cyber Air 062

PMDG v LEVEL-D

Guest Cyber Air 062

Hi, I know these planes are very different but I have just returned to my trusy 737 after a few flights in Level-d 767. I must say that the PMDG is so much smoother than the 767 and the loading times on views windows,v/c etc are much quicker. I just wanted to say that lol!!!!!PMDG : You got nothing to worry about Fellas.RegardsDavid BowenBAW157

Guest amtran752

PMDG vs LDSPMDG

Guest Paul Heaney

No reason to start a PMDG vs LevelD War. Especially in one forum or the other, your bound to get a biased opinion, and it doesn't really do anything.FYI, I like the LevelD Aircraft better.

Gents-Few people in the world love to hear praise of PMDG products more than those of us on the PMDG team..... However.....(There is always a hook, isn't there?)We also hate to see competitors products put down too. Why? Simple: We know how long and hard the development process is.Sure- some products come to market that are simply junk- but some, like the PIC2 767 are obviously solid attempts at very highly complex simulation- and are worthy of respect in that regard...So- please feel free to debate each on it's merits- but lets make sure we try to keep such a conversation balanced too... For whatever it is worth: The 747-400 is very close to a public debut. Make sure you wear cheap socks when you see the debut- she's going to knock them off. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Buck Bolduc

I think they are both great addons, I really enjoy em.At 12:00 EST I took off from Brussels with the 767. I picked up a novel and then went to the store, etc, etc. About 6.5 hrs., later I landed at RW-33 in Boston. Built the FP with FSBuild 2.2, NAT and IRS worked to perfection, the thing nailed the decent all the way grabbed the LOC and GS and landed on RW-33 just about by itself. I didn't use autoland. This while running Seti full time in the background (forgot to shut the darn thing off) got 39-40 FPS, locked at 40.Nobody makes a better 737-NG than PMDG, period, IMHO!Nobody makes a better 767-300ER than Level-D, period, IMHO!These guy's ain't sleeping, keep learning bigtime. You can expect PMDG's Qween to be the best 747-400, if I'm still kicking I will own it err...a copy thereof. Both stand behind their products very well from what I can see.Kudo's to Ernie Allston for FSBuild 2.2. If I build a FP within the range of the 737 AND the 767 I can export it to FS(, PMDG, and Level-D, at the same time, perfect job every time.We simmers and developers have come a long way baby!best

Robert,Is it true you recently moved to Nevada? If so were do you live (I don't need street # ;-) ) and assuming you still fly commercially who do you fly for and what your base airport is? Pure curiosity on my part, no sinister motives.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest MSR740

GOT 39-40FPS on the PMDG737 thats excatly my dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What kind of sys do u have ,do u think i can reach this performance if i changed my videocard guys??????????My sys specs:P4 3GHZ HT512mb ddr ram (one slot)GEFORCE FX5200 128MB MSI.....I THINK THATS THE PROBLEMMSI Neo2-p 865 motherboard w dualchannel Thanks

"For whatever it is worth: The 747-400 is very close to a public debut. Make sure you wear cheap socks when you see the debut- she's going to knock them off."It's worth a lot. It will be so great to see what the PMDG team did with this great airplane. I see a lot of manual reading in my future!Bob

Guest flight78

Hi Robert thank you so much for that info ! i promise i will have cheap socks on ;). This is like a dream come true to me. Thank you so much PMDG for all your efforts your making history with all of your wonderful aircrafts i can assure you that. Infact i can even say without PMDG i might not have even botherd flying microsoft flight simulator anymore. You guys are really pushing the limits and its worth every cent. Infact i can buy your products for much higer price if needed (but iam happy as long as the prices are somewhat low :().Keep it rooling guys !Best regards:Alexander

"The 747-400 is very close to a public debut."Woohoo Mr R!!All the best ! :)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer