Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Any solution to save a flight with the pmdg 737 and then resume it?

I really really need this function and i'm sure many others do too. It's been a while since the release has anyone figured something out for this?Thanks!

Guest buffjack

>I really really need this function and i'm sure many others>do too. It's been a while since the release has anyone figured>something out for this?>>Thanks!I have had some success useing the following.Save your flight at the point you wish to stop then when you restart yourflight reload your saved flight into the FMS and set your next W/P using the direct too method.YoursBuff

Hi,Saving a flight and resuming with PMDG is not as difficult as it looks, actually. However, I do not use the FMC - I just manually stir the plane using autopilot so I can't tell you if my method below works with the FMC or not:- Basically, after you resume a flight with the 737NG, the engines stop and then start. You must immediately pause the flight so as not to lose large amounts of altitude. Then, on the overhead, turn on the fuel pumps, set the crossfeed on, and if necessary, even start the APU so you can re-start the engines if they have stopped. Then, you have to disengage/re-engage the auto-pilot to reset it. Then, with simulation still paused, re-enter your auto-pilot speed, altitude and heading again. After all this, flight will resume and stabilize itself. At least you CAN resume a PMDG 737NG flight, despite the difficulties. The PSS Airbuses, no matter which one are hopeless cases - the plane may fly but the panel is black or panel is on (if you cancelled start with panel in cold&dark configuration) but the gears will NEVER go down when it comes time to land and you'll crash! With PMDG, at least you can eventually stabilize a resume and land.Hope this helps.John

Make a note of your 'waypoint' before saving?Next time load the flight plan and take-off from your departure point and increase the simulation time to reach the point where you left the flight.Be careful though, flight plans sometimes become hard to follow at a too fast simulation speed.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

>I really really need this function and i'm sure many others>do too. It's been a while since the release has anyone figured>something out for this?>>Thanks! JoeAs previously stated, note the current waypoint before saving the flight. Pausing the flight after it has been reloaded is VERY important. Then just follow the instructions pmdg give:-http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/FAQ.htm Section IThis always works fine for me. One small deviation from these instructions that i find saves a bit of time is once you have entered the saved waypoint, the flight can then be restarted and all remaining wayponts can then be entered whilst the plane is acually flying towards the first one. This just means the sim isn't just sitting there paused waiting for you to re-enter all of the waypoints.Although (re)entering all of the remaining waypoints may sound a bit of a pain, once you're actually moving again it's no real bother.The only problem i get is that i no longer see flap setting prompts on the PD when slowing down on finals.Hope this helpsGary