Sign in to follow this  
Guest fleischer

747 Pushback

Guest fleischer

Dear PMDG !I would like to ask, if is possible for you to include a pushback Truck in your upcoming 747-400. I've just seen the new Posky 767 which has a great Pushback Truck included.Some may remember Fs Assist for Fs 2002 which had a great Pushback Truck. Since that time the topic Pushback Truck has been missing in FS.I think it would be a great tool for realism in FS2004 and make the Product nearly perfect. I think you will include a Pushback tool in your 747 anyways, as many developers, like Level-D, do so.Woudl be a very nice detail.ThanksChris

Guest Captain Vala

Yea, I would really like the idea of a pushback truck,The way airplane just starts going backwards is just a little weird which is the way its currently done in FS. You press shift+p and it will push you back no matter if you have the brake on or off, then at some point it will just let you go, and you either have to let the airplane roll backwards or brake, that can sometimes lift the nose. FS2Crew, as far as I've seen (and the only one I've got experience with) took it a step further where you put the data in the window and then the pushback guy- who contacts you prior to all the steps- uses the data to push you back... but again, nothing is (visually) pushing you back, you just roll back... a little odd.When I saw the screenshots from the POSKY 767's pushback truck, I really liked the idea, but when I tried it, its just a (good looking) 3D object, that's basically stuck to your plane. Works the same way as Shift+p and the thing gets totally dragged on the ground on the turns, without any turns, and another funny part is, you can virtually drag the thing anywhere you want, just like a balloon !!! A little stupid, but I like the looks and the courage!In my opinion, it will be a really good idea if PMDG comes up with a realistic pushback function, which can also be turned off, so it will not interfere with other softwares some of us might have.Thanks Chris for bringing up the subject, nice suggestion.Regards,ValaPS. I have not seen the Level-D 767 so, I have no opinion on that.

I agree, have also thought about this and it sure would be nice to actually see who's pushing you back.

Richard Åsberg

I think I would rather just see you concentrate on making a great 747 and not a pushback truck. Let those who want to operate outside the aircraft use the posky model.

Andrew,I can see your point and of course the main goal should be to first of all make the a/c in itself great but if you are one of those who like to do your flights in the most realistic environment, pushback indeed is a part of most of your flights and it would feel much more realistic if you could actually see the truck in front of the a/c during the pushback instead of having an "invisible ghost" giving you the pushback.Also, considering all advanced systems already modelled in PMDG's products it's tempting to belive that making some kind of a pushback truck wouldn't really be much of a challenge to developers like the ones at PMDG.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest thscholz

>I think I would rather just see you concentrate on making a>great 747 and not a pushback truck. Let those who want to>operate outside the aircraft use the posky model.Well, basically I agree. But then you wouldn't even need an animated moving aileron as you can't see it from the cockpit anyway.I would love to see the truck as for me it would increase realism.CheersThomas

>Well, basically I agree. But then you wouldn't even need an>animated moving aileron as you can't see it from the cockpit>anyway.I do to. Therefore I always argued that things like exterior views, wing views, cabin, lavatories, ailerons, etc. have no business in a serious flight simulation. But I realize I am probably in minority.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Andrea

How do you prefer the pushback track? With or without a frigobar?:-violin :-violin :-violin :-violin :-violin :-violinAndrea

Guest dt1951

Pushback truck is nice eye candy. What I would like to have is a realistic sound set. There has been only one payware plane so far that has come close to reality. The LDS-763 has the cockpit sounds right. What is it with some people who think they have to have the engine sitting in the cockpit with them so they think they are flying?? In the 747 the engines are well aft, down and outboard from the cockpit. There is very little engine sound that gets to the cockpit. About the only sound that is in the cockpit is the sound of the air passing over the fuselage. You can hear the engines during transitions (takeoffs, startups, etc,...). I'd like to see the sounds modelled like that, reality!