Sign in to follow this  
bob34

Is anyone Interested in the new 1900C??

I'm sure many are. Personally, I'm not interested. A Saab 340, or EMB-120 or Jetstream 31/41 would have been a good add-on to the commuter fleet. I'm more of a "systems" guy. When new commerical add-ons come out, I enjoy learning all the new systems and procedures. The 1900 is very close to the KingAir, so it didn't hold my interest too long.For well developed accurate large jets:A 737-200 and then 300/500 would be great too.A good commerical DC-10 hasn't been done yet. I think that would be a monster of a project.Aside from the 300, the Airbus Fleet is rather well developed.We have a DC/9 MD-80 and the RJ's ae out too.Not sure on the MD90/B717.Can't remember of the F70/F100 is available. Need to check on that one.I think there's a 757 in the works.I was disappointed it wasn't PMDG as I enjoyed their Fly! 757.There's some good freeware out, but I really do like the systems that get modeled in good commerical products.I think the hardcore t-prop guys will jump on the C.BB

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi BB, Thanks for your comments. I do have to agree with you on the systems learning. I recently learned the ATR72-500 ( well, I still have a long way to go), what a treat it was to have so many systems and procedures to grasp. I am still always learning something new on the 737 as well. I enjoy when real world pilots come in the forums with the vast knowledge they have to share, and a big thanks to all of you for that. I can lose interest in the more simple type of AC, but having all of the new design technics helps from the imersion standpoint. I still fly the737NG 800 alot. I look forward to the MD-11 and 747 as well. Thanks again for your input. I look forward to seeing what others have to say. Best regards, moss1

Guest dolbinau.
http://www.baepanelproject.com contains one of, if not the best and most comprehensive Turboprop Panel on the internet!(Its a Jetstream 31 panel)Most if not ALL systems modelled, including wet starts etc..There isn't really a good Model with good textures for FS9 yet, however its a good tradeoff for the excellent panel!Project fokker have a good 70/100.

No interest at all here. Too busy with the Level-D 767. When the 747 is released, though, then I'll get excited.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest dpc

Yes Very. Guess there are some of us that still like to actually fly the aircraft ourselves. Dave

Gotta agree with some of the others. No interest at all in the 1900C.

Eric 

While I do enjoy flying newer stuff like the PMDG NG or Level-D, I personally am really excited about the 1900C.Makes for a nice change, similar to the DF727, no FMC, handflying and VOR navigation can be quite a challenge as a single pilot in IFR conditions.Can't wait for the 1900C.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.66.81), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I'm interested in the new VC technique that will be implemented. Also, it might be a good plane for those short hops - not too simple, not too complex.

Guest Paul Heaney

No interest here, personally, I think they should be putting their resources into the 747, not another Value Prop.

Guest Diego Martinez

Systems learning is great. I have spent countless hours on the 737 and still learing new procedures or make the current better and up to manual levels.However I have to agree with someone above that to fly sid/stars with VORs, NDBs, no FMC and no ND is quite interesting and polish your flying skills quite a bit, specially online with lots of trafficI guess having one high tech aircraft and one normal but both with the highest standards for add ons works for meDiego

I'm looking very forward to the 1900C. I will definitely buy it when it comes out. The more in-depth aircraft, such as the 737 series and others are great, too, but the market for the Express line is definitely there as well. I doubt that working on the 1900C is delaying anything with regards to the 747, etc. I'm sure PMDG is quite capable of handling their projects and wouldn't start this one if it was going to cause a problem with finishing the others.KP

Looks like a nice heathly mix of opinions here. I was loosing hope until I posted this thread. I am glad to see interest in the 1900C. Now if only there was good news this week about.... well you know! I am curious to see what the smooth guage refresh rate promised will do to the sims actual performance elsewhere. Best regards, moss1

Absolutely - I live next to the airfield where Colgan is based, and can hardly wait to fly their colors. Barring the 4AM engine tuning follies they are great neighbors.DJ

No interest here as well although I will still buy the 1900c to show my support... I'm still waiting on the BBJ that was promised for the 737NG series. I'm really looking forward to seeing a deluxe rear cabin, night vision Head's Up Display a.k.a HUD, weather display, to name but a few features offered in these types of business jets (we should see many of these features included if PMDG is going to do the BBJ any justice).... Fingers are crossed... :-scatter

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2