Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matze2912

B737NG - LCD Style?

Guest Matze2912

Hi!Just wanna ask the team, if there is a new version of the NG someday (BBJ?!) do you have any plans to include the new LCD-Displays? Example:http://www.airliners.net/open.file/713567/L/Best regards,MatthiasBy the way - expect my B737NG SOP's Revision 3 soon....

Matthias,Are there any differences in functionality between the LCD screens and the CRT ones? AFAIK it's the same thing just easier and cheaper to maintain. Cheers,

Every 737NG features LCD displays on the flight deck, none of them were produced with CRTs, AFAIK. This was, I believe, an initial design consideration, since the LCDs had been used successfully on the 777 and provided less power draw and less heat, which required less cooling.If you're referring to what's on the displays in the image you showed, the PFD and ND are as such because the IRS is unaligned. PMDG does not model an IRS, so these displays are not modelled.Edit: Or are you talking about the MCP digits? If so, you know that you can change the colors to whatever you wish in the PMDG styles menu to reflect whatever MCP style you wish...Brian Schwark / KBWI

>Edit: Or are you talking about the MCP digits? If so, you know>that you can change the colors to whatever you wish in the>PMDG styles menu to reflect whatever MCP style you wish...It's not just a matter of colour, the whole MCP is new and a more "Boeing-style" design. So in the PMDG menu you can change the digits but not the background of those...Anyway, if PMDG goes BBJ, how about new standby instruments in addition to the new MCP? ;) :http://www.airliners.net/open.file/518242/L/Markus

Markus Burkhard

Gents - I think/hope we will be able to see the new integrated standby instrument in the 747-400.Cheers,

Hi Mats,>I think/hope we will be able to see the new integrated standby>instrument in the 747-400.surely that would be interesting. But most 747-400s don't have such a mini-PFD installed ;) . So IMHO, there should at least be an option whether the 747-400 is shown with CRTs and analogue standby instruments or - as installed in -400ERs and brand new -400s - with LCDs and mini-PFDs.(Note that CRTs and LCDs draw quite a number of things different, e.g. the ILS scales, the FMA, NO V SPD indication, or the ND Plan mode.)Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

Guest yylie1

Now before any LCD style displays. How about a patch to correct the inaccruate PFDs with the missing PLIs and the wrong Southwest PFD displays. How about an enhancement to the PMDG B737 series? Different engine displays?Hope that these will come out soon as it has been a while since the last B737NG patch last came out.Regards,Melissa Liew

Melissa,I don't know where you are coming from. But there is a difference between bugs and not included features. The missing PLI is not a bug. It's a left out feature and will possibly not be included in any update. The development team has said it will not be any more updates of the NG until the 747-400 is released and after that it is still not certain we will see any more updates. Contrary to what you are saying the NG is pretty much bug-free. There's one major thing and that is VNAV PATH DES bug when using waypoint altitude contraints. There's a work around for that and you'll have to search for the answer.And finally, Melissa, just because it's been a while since the last patch doesn't mean there has to be a new patch coming. If I read the statements from the developers right I don't think you will see any more patches for the NG.Regards,