Sign in to follow this  
Guest godfather181

PMDG 737 Question

Guest godfather181

I was told that the PMDG 737NG was one of the most complicated and realistic panels available for FlightSim.However, I seem to be able to start the engines with no fuel pumps on, and without any pneumatic pressure from the APU.Is there some way to change the realism settings that I am not aware of, or are these functions simply not modeled? I have searched all the manuals but have been unable to find anything that suggests I can change any type of realism settings.Thanks for your help.

Ms/mr Thanks for your helpPlease take a minute or so to read the forum guidelines pinned near the top of the page. You are kindly asked to sign your posts with your real name.Now. To the problem at hand. Yes. It is possible to start the engines without any fuelpumps running. But it is not recommmended. The pumps located in the wing root tank are essentially booster pumps for the engine driven pumps.No. It is not possible to start the engines without any bleed air from the APU or any GPU. Not in the real world or in the PMDG NG. However, if you are using CTRL+E I think you can bypass this. I don't know though as I've never used it on the NG, ever. If you're not using the CTRL+E, and you have the APU OFF, and still can start the engines I, at least, would like to see a screenshot of your overhead panel.Hope it helps,

Guest godfather181

I do not use Control+E....and I do have the APU on...except that I never see any pneumatic pressure registereing in the meter, the needle is always down at 0, whether Im trying to start the engines or not.I'll try and get a screenshot up here later today.Omar

Guest _sebastian_

>I do not use Control+E....and I do have the APU on...except>that I never see any pneumatic pressure registereing in the>meter, the needle is always down at 0, whether Im trying to>start the engines or not.>>I'll try and get a screenshot up here later today.>>OmarThen it's probably because you haven't turned on the Standby Power switch. The APU is running but the pressure needle is not active. You can see that from the BAT DISCHARGE light going off./sebastian

Guest frankathl

Hi Mats,"Yes. It is possible to start the engines without any fuelpumps running. But it is not recommmended. The pumps located in the wing root tank are essentially booster pumps for the engine driven pumps."I'm not sure your second sentence explains why you can start the engines without the electric fuel pumps on, Mats? I don't think the engine pumps will operate until the engines are actually up and running? The reason you don't need the electric fuel pumps is because the engines are gravity fed from the fuel tanks(or is it suction fed?I know this has been covered multiple times before, but cannot recall offhand).BR,Frank