Sign in to follow this  
Guest thscholz

Boeing 747-400 System Information

Guest thscholz

In order to get ready for the 747-400 I would like to gather information about the 747-400.Actually I'm collecting information on the NG and putting it into a PDF. Now I understand why I have to open the ISO VALVE when I start the right engine.There is a lot of information on the 737, most of it on http://www.b737.org.uk/O.K., here's my question (plea):Could someone point me towards any good sites where I can get information (like schematics of the hydraulic, electric and pressurization systems) on the 747-400?So I would be prepared for the release of the PMDG 747.And...I'm a patient guy. I waited 11 years to get my wife.:-lol RegardsThomas

Guest mc.kar

You can find some information about the cockpit in the 747-400 on this site. It hasn't so much info on systems though.http://www.meriweather.com/747/747_main.htmlElse I can recommend that you buy a real 747-400 Flight manual. I have seen that they can be purchased on the internet. That will contain the inofrmation you are requesting. I have obtained a copy of such a manual and a CBT CD-ROM from a freind. Quite interesting to read of the systems onboard. Who knows. Maybe the launch of the PMDG 747-400 can kick off the creation of a site like the one you mention above (which is very interesting and informative).If you have any specific question pls. go ahead maybe I can help you there. Best regardsMichael Christiansen, Karup, Denmark

Guest thscholz

Michael,thanks for your reply and the link.I will try to get a real 747-400 AOM from somewhere.CheersThomas

Let me know if you manage to find an AOP for 747-400 anywhere.I was bidding for a beautiful set of complete BA 747-400 flight and technical manuals on E-bay but they were withdrawn by the site..! No doubt some dumbass with severe post 9/11 paranoia decided it would probably serve as a terrorist training manual!!Regards

Guest mc.kar

Ohh yes....I have forgotten about the PS1 (Aerowinx) affacionados in our midst...lolVery usefull links indeed... WalterFor the 767 (as well as 737) fans there are also: www.smartcockpit.com This is also a quite informative side into the operational aspects of managing a flight as well as some "horror stories" about when it has gone totally wrong - things we all can learn from.So give that website a GO also.But maybe there are some ressources available among the readers here to create an unofficial 747-400 dedicated website seen in the light of the upcomming PMDG release. I would sure like to pitch in.Something along the lines of the b737.org.uk and smartcockpit.com where people could get information about the 747-400 that would enhance the experience of flying the 747-400 in a MSFS simulated enviroment. I know that PS1 has been out for a long time and that there is an abundance of information to draw on there. However (and this is not meant as a critique) this community is not so open to us MSFS "lowtechs"...;-)I do like the PS1 simulation and have tried it at a freind house but in spite of all its limitations I remained "stuck" in the MSFS legacy...anyway...perhaps an idea to build on...Anyone????Best Regards Michael

Guest EDCS

.....true love:D Gr

Guest thscholz

>>But maybe there are some ressources available among the>readers here to create an unofficial 747-400 dedicated website>seen in the light of the upcomming PMDG release. I would sure>like to pitch in.>That's a great idea Michael. But that would require the help from people with access to information and some good insight pictures. And as long as the PMDG 747 is not released I guess that we'll not find those people in this forum.@Stefan: True love? You can bet on that! ;-) CheersThomas

Guest EDCS

@Thomas: maybe....three girls....my wife and my two daugthers(twins)Stefan

Guest mc.kar

>That's a great idea Michael. But that would require the help>from people with access to information and some good insight>pictures. And as long as the PMDG 747 is not released I guess>that we'll not find those people in this forum.I agree with you on that Thomas. However I was more thinking along the lines of more generic 747-400 information. The problem about referring to a specific kind of software.... In this the PMDG 744... very soon can create problems. As you say...only PMDG has the inside knowledge of their product... And they will off course provide the information and support needed to master that specific product. . Also there could be problems concerning infringement of intellectual properties and so on... something you all to easily and unintentionally can do. No...I think that catering for the specific PMDG 747-400 product should be left with PMDG...after all...they are the best to do that.If you look at the b737.org.uk it "only" deals with the technical and operational aspects of the b737 and has nothing to do as such with the PMDG product. However I find that it supports the PMDG 737 product in an exellent way because you can find additional information about the 737 here and by doing so you enhance the your experience.It was something like that I was thinking about... A site dedicated to sharing background technical and operational information about the 747-400 like the b737.org.uk (perhaps not with same ambitionlevel - Chris Bradys website has been on since 1999) that would perhaps also enhance the use of the PMDG 747-400 once its out.Its just an idea... ;-)Best regardsMichael

Guest thscholz

Michael,you got me wrong there.What I meant is that, as long as PMDG has not released the 747 you will mainly find people (customers) and even real life pilots interested in the 737 and the Beech in this forum.I did not mean to launch a site with information about PMDG's product.CheersThomas

Guest mc.kar

Yes Thomas...I misunderstood you and I hereby stand corrected...I should know by now that the black signs on the white background are letters (and they are there to be read...lol)Anyway.Viel gr

Guest mc.kar

Very much correct...Michael

There is a document I kept preciously (I bought it in 1998) it is the 747-400 Precision Simulator PS1 user's guide written by... Robert S. Randazzo of Precision Manuals Development Group!Although the title refers to PS1, in fact it is an excellent manual to operate the 747-400 and I don't see why it could not be used with the incoming 744 PMDG.Are covered in it Takeoff data and performance, Cruise, Landing, Performance requirements and limitations, Normal procedures, Abnormal procedures, Cockpit systems, Automatic flight systems, Manual flight techniques, Auroflight norms, Aircraft systems, and the Flight management computer. It also comes with a set of checklists in an elegant and sturdy binder.If PMDG has a few more copies in stock, perhaps this article can be made available again, be it in the form of download. I made an earlier suggestion to PMDG to issue an update for this manual for those who bought it, as they used to do then for PS1 owners through emails.