Sign in to follow this  
Guest shannon16g

audible alarm advancing throttles everything set correctly on checklist

Guest shannon16g

as I was departing san juan airport on a 737/800 ATA flight at 7:20pm departure, it was dark already but I have flown many flights with all the pmdg planes but this alarm threw me off when I advanced throttles for takeoff. I had already waited 10 minutes at runway for traffic landing and I had great throttle power so I went ahead and took off (I knew I should have aborted but I wanted to get off the ground and get to KMCO)once I was off the ground it quit and I never figured out what was wrong. FMC was programmed,flaps set, alarms acknowledged ect nothing stood out for this alarm and I have done alot of flights before this happened. Normally I only get this if flaps aren't set for takeoff. What are some things to look for when this audible goes off upon advancing throttles. can stuff you put in fmc cause it? everything looked fine in fmc as it has always been. I did put 500 in costs screen which I hadn't done before usually 100 but I made sure full takeoff power was selected in fmc and weight was well below limit.signed: Shannon Hill

I think you are suppose to sign all post on the PMDG forum with your real name.I had the same occurance that you did last week. What I did that caused the audible alarm was accidently setting the speed brakes to arm during my preflight. I tried everything to get it off, but could not until I took off. See if that helps solve your problem.CheersBob JohnsonKDEN

Hello all,Yes, there are usually two issues that execute this warning, one is flaps setting and the other is speed brakes setting. If you have it armed, the warning is heard. You can, however un-arm the spoilers by opening the pedestal panel and putting the lever into the down position using your mouse.Hope it helps,Cheers,

>You also may wish to be sure you have set the autobrake to RTO.This will not affect the generation of the Takeoff Config Warning aurals (I get reeeeally tired of correcting simmers when they say this).The only things which will generate the warning are:Speedbrake deployed (however, this should stow automatically when you advance the throttles for takeoff)Parking Brake set (parked/on)Flaps not in takeoff rangeStabiliser setting not in greenband.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Guest shannon16g

what do you mean by stabilizer bar in green??

Guest shannon16g

THANKS ahead of time for this info everyone.

The stabilizer trim indicator has a green stripe painted next to it. The stab trim needle should be within the area marked by the green stripe. It may be a little difficult to see, but it is there.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Guest shannon16g

I messed with that before takeoff, so that may have set off the alarm. the trim is setup automaticly by fmc when I program it right? I haven't been adjusting trim any cause I thought it's done auto by my fmc when I input my info

>I messed with that before takeoff, so that may have set off>the alarm. the trim is setup automaticly by fmc when I program>it right? I haven't been adjusting trim any cause I thought>it's done auto by my fmc when I input my infoNo, the FMC just gives you the trim setting to set manually. Set the value that the FMC gives on the trim scale next to the throttles.-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

I always only see the FMC indicating "5.5" for the trim setting, independent it seems on the amount of fuel in the tanks. Does this mean the fuel always sits at the C.G. ? (I don't change the loads and the load distribution).Siggy

Siggy Schwarz