Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

Which Addon Manager is best ?

Hi all. Just done a fresh install of FS2k2 and I've been looking around at Addon Managers which is something I've not delved into before. I have been looking at :-Hangar Manager by Mark SchilbergAddit! Pro by Jow StearnFSAddon Manager by Manfred MurerAnyone have views on which is best ? Pro's and cons of each package ?ThanksNick

I'd be interested in others' thoughts on this too. Also current opinions on gauge cleaners :-kewl

Nick,In all honesty I'd steer clear of these managers. Meaning no disrespect to their authors, there are enough variations to scenery and aircraft packages that, in my own experience, you're better off doing it manually. The process isn't very difficult, and after a very short period you soon get the hang of the process.Philjacq,I successfully use Jabgau98 in FS2002 to manage my gauges. As the name suggests, it was designed for FS98, but works for FS2002 with the proviso that it can't decypher the zipped gauge folders, so reports lots of gauges "missing". It does detect which gauges aren't being used though.There is a later package, Jabgau2000, but I haven't found a site that carries it.

I have used Addit Pro for FS2000 and FS2002 without any problems. It has found quite a few sound and panel cfg. errors which I probably wouldn't have found on my own. It makes aliasing easy. It usually doesn't have any problems installing aircraft, unless it is an exe. file. I don't know about the other ones you mentioned. John

Thanks guys.Alastair, I've been using FS since the very start ( on an Apple IIe )so I'm pretty experienced with loading aircraft and panels etc. It's just that I had a dead FS the other day and had to re-install everything from scratch. It took me about 5 days on and off and I was just looking at ways of speeding up the process. It may just be better to b/up the whole directory onto another partition or drive..... My FS folder before the crash was abouy 8.5GB !Best RegardsNick

Guest Edam

I'd be inclined to go with what alastairmonk said, but I might give that AddIt Pro a try, after backing everything up first.

I have JABgau2000 and JABgau98. They both seem to be pre-configured for their respective simulators,(FS98 and FS2k) How did you modify yours to work with FS2k2? (I can't read French very well) ;)

I have JAB2000 working in FS2002 and except for a few anomalies it works quite well. Even reports the errors in cfg files. Just use as normal as you did in FS2000 except point towards FS2002 folder. There is English capability.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

No offence meant ! I'm in the same position, with FS2002-related stuff on my PC exceeding 20GB ! I don't think there is any easy answer short of using some large-capacity storage media (CDR, tape drive or HD) but I can sympatise with your plight ! I've got all/most of my downloads on CD, so at least I don't have to get them again !Best wishes,

Alastair ! Sorry if my reply sounded a bit stand offish ! I apppreciate your advice and under no circumstances was I offended !! I stand by the rule that no matter how good you THINK you are .... There is always someone who knows more .... is older and wiser etc !!ThanksNick

No problem ! On "first contact" it's sometimes impossible to gauge the level of experience, so, when someone asks for advice I tend to err on the side of caution, and assume nothing ! You've actually been at it far longer than me - I started with FS98 around 1999 !