Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

ILS frequency - Nav Invalid Warning

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I am turning on finals for LEPA (Palma), the sun is shining - can't wait to get down the beach!!, perfect flight from EGGD (Bristol, perfect descent (no Vnav warnings for once - although increasing the decent speed to 300kts seems to help here, anyway:-ILS set on both radios(109.90), 'App' selected,correct bearing for ILS approach runway 24R, both autopilots on, FMC all appears normal,then I get a 'Nav Invalid' message appear.1.Any ideas what this means please. I'm sure I've approached LEPA Ok, before and certainly the flight I made previous across to EGGD from EGKK all worked OK ? I am using the most recent chart from Speedbirdonline.com.2.If I'd just left the aircraft with FD and A/P both on, would it have followed the VNAV and LNAV down onto the runway, in which case, why do we still have ILS ?

Dave,1.) Look what I found! A quick search using "NAV" "invalid" and "ILS" turned up with the following for me. Is this to any help?http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThere's more if you dig around a bit but this is a start for ya...Oh, and please don't hesitate if you need help using the search function! ;-)2.) I think we have ILS for precision. To my knowledge VNAV/LNAV approaches are by far not as precise. Hope it helps,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,Thanks - your help is always appreciated - I'l have a look.