Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flightfreak

Nvidia Display Driver Problem

Guest Flightfreak

Hi all,Yesterday I've downloaded a new Display Driver for my NVidia Graphics Card. I've downloaded version 71.84.After I intstalled this Driver my PMDG 737 didn't work anymore, I know I can install the old driver, but I need this Driver for another video game. The old driver I used was version 56.72.Can anyone tell me the source of the problem (I know it's the Driver, but how can I get my PMDG 737 to work?)Thanks in Advance!Michael Henke

Guest Philip Olson

You are correct, it is the driver that is the issue. I doubt that there is anything that you can do other than try another driver. It is also rather difficult to say what if anything can be done since you do not specify exactly what problems you are having. :-) Will your other game work with a driver version just slightly older than the 71.84? Good luck,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest UlfB

>Yesterday I've downloaded a new Display Driver for my NVidia>Graphics Card. I've downloaded version 71.84.>>After I intstalled this Driver my PMDG 737 didn't work>anymore, I know I can install the old driver, but I need this>Driver for another video game. Hi Michael,I'm using the 71.84 nVIDIA drivers together with the PMDG 737NG. No problems with that combination on my rig. I'm running the drivers on a Gainward GF6800 GT graphics card. More details needed - what graphic card are you using? Installed any other software lately (incl BIOS upgrades of system and/or graphics card)?Hope you get your 737 running soon. To good aircraft to have it grounded :) Ulf Bjarke

Guest meyomyx

71.84 running fine here - GeForce 6800.It is very important with these drivers that you uninstall the previous driver BEFORE you install the new one. Did you do that?If not, try uninstalling and then re-installing.I haven't had this problem (stuff not working), but I did forget to uninstall on one occasion and wondered why everything looked a bit rubbish for a couple of days - very marked loss of definition and performance.

Michael,As said previously it is very important to remove the old driver but I would also suggest going to www.guru3d.com and getting a driver cleaner to remove all traces of the old driver. I am using a tweaked 71.84 from http://www.tweaksrus.com and it works great with my NG. Good luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest jdrago

Hi Michael,I've been running 71.84 with PMDG and it works fine so far. I have the Geforce 5900 ultra 256.Please describe the problem you are having.Good luck,John

Michael, like the other folks I am runnin 71.84 with a GeForce 4200Ti and the PMDG 738 with not problems either. As the folks have said, describe what problems you are having.CheersBob

Guest speight

Uninstall drivers through "add remove programs" then use "driver Cleaner" then reboot into safe mode and then install the drivers. If no joy, try Omega drivers, they work a whole lot better for me than the Nvidea stuff.

Guest Flightfreak

Hi all,Thanks for your replies. I'm using a Nvidia Gforce FX5200 graphics card, the excact problem is, when I go to the PMDG planes in FS, the preview screen (where you can see the airplane you want to fly) locks up. If I press the cancel button than, it takes a few minutes before I can use FS again.If you have an idea, I would love to hear it!Michael Henke

Michael,Are you sure you are not seeing the side effects of the AIRAC loading after choosing a PMDG NG in the Select Aircraft dialog? That will take some time before you should be able to continue.Hope it helps,

Guest Flightfreak

Hi all,I'm sure my PC doesn't lock up because of the AIRAC loading process, I've also tried to install a modified Driver, and that doesn't work either.Do you think that we can ask NVidia about the problems?If you have an idea, let me know!Michael

Guest UlfB

Hi Michael,Maybe your problem is related how textures are handled by FS and your graphics card. I would try to change a fs display setting. Start FS and go to Settings and then Display. Click on the hardware tab. Change the setting for the checkbox 'Render to texture'. It's a shot in the dark. If it doesn't work then I'm totally lost. :-hmmm I really hope that you get your card working - PMDG aircrafts are not ment to be grounded x( Ulf Bjarke

Michael, to be brutally frank, the FX5200 is one of Nvidia's lower spec cards and does not perform very well. In fact my older Geforce 4 Ti4200 performs better.As you are obviously a gamer as well as a sim pilot why not invest in a better card? A Geforce FX 5700 will not set you back too much and will perform much better.Iain