Sign in to follow this  
Guest caddis44

Microsoft message

Guest caddis44

Every time I go into MSFS9 and make my flight....and exit out of the program, I get this "Send or don't send" message from Microsoft. Even when there is no problem, the message appears constantly. Is there any way I can eliminate this? Thanks in advance for any help.Phil Samitt

Guest ahmedem

If you're talking about the error reporting you can turn that off.Right click on my computer -> click "Properties" -> click "Advanced" tab -> click "Error Reporting" button at the bottom -> click "Disable Error Reporting" option.That should stop the send error report messages, but I don't really know what's causing it to appear?!

Guys - >That should stop the send error report messages, but I don't really >know what's causing it to appear?!Hmmm... An error perhaps?Sounds like something is askew in Phil's FS setup. No smoke without fire you know. ;-)Cheers,

Guest mikelally

I get the same error also. Only occurs on shutting down flight sim. All other phases of flight are OK. Error report gives module ntdll.dll as the source of the problem. Anyone know what this module is or possible causes of error.Mike

Mike,Google is fantastic. The ntdll.dll is a library included in the O/S and contains Windows NT functions. EDIT: And here's some more I found:NTDLL.DLL for Windows XP Pro and Home should be 639KB and have version 5.1.2600.1217 (xpsp2.030429-2131) - assuming you've kept up and loaded XP SP2.A buffer overflow vulnerability in IIS could be exploited though this file. MS03-007 security bulletin has additional information on this issue.Symantec also says a W32.HLLW.Gaobot.JB virus might exploit this vulnerability and allow attackers to access the computer through an IRC channel./EDIT:Looks like you have some mismatch between the O/S and FS9 when closing down. Or even worse some malicious code runnning. Hope it helps,

Guest ahmedem

Mats,>Hmmm... An error perhaps?Really? I think you could be right... ;-)What I meant was I didn't know what was causing the error I was just letting him know how to stop the messages which is what he requested. :( As you know it could be a million different things but based on Phil's message its pretty tough to tell.

Guest caddis44

Thanks to all who answered my message....but I don't get a NTDLL.DLL answer....I get a reference to fs9.exe and they will check on some fs9.exe files and diag?? files and some cfg files. Hope this makes sense to someone. Thanks again.Phil Samitt

PhilTo me that sounds like something's amiss with your FS9 install.Are you using a fs9.exe not provided by MS perhaps? Maybe some other fs9.exe to avoid to use CD #4? Have you upgraded your FS to 9.1? Hope it helps,

Guest caddis44

Hi...No I'm not using a CD crack. Also, I disabled Error reporting but I still get the send, don't send message whem I leave FS9. Thanks for your efforts to remedy this.Phil Samitt