Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taylor Dumont

PMDG -- not responding to my "please update me" emails

Guest Taylor Dumont

For starters...i am not a ###### customer...i just cant seem to reach PMDG via email so i decided to do it via the forum and see what happens from here. now for my story:I had to format my hard drive a couple months after i purchased the 737NG and thus lost the download. To fix this I have sent PMDG a number of emails and i have them in my "sent items" folder. I have a copy of the 4 emails, 2 went to the "updateme" address and 2 went to the "support" address. in each email i included all of the information that was needed to activate my link again so i can download this aircraft.Thank you in advance!TaylorP.S. PLEASE UPDATE ME SOON...IM DYING TO GET MY HANDS BACK ON THIS AIRCRAFT!

Taylor,Glad to see you still have some patience left! ;-)Sometimes it seems like the guys at PMDG can't reach your mail address due to spam filters. If your ISP has an agressive spam filter you will never see their replies.As a remedy for that they have suggested you send them an alternate email address preferably from some web based provider like yahoo or hotmail.Hope it helps,

Guest Taylor Dumont

I will go setup an account now. Thank you for your response. Hope this works!Taylor

Guest chartphred

Taylor,I don't get it either. I'm in the same boat.Fired off a dozen emails in the last 3 weeks. Vin from pmdg said to try from other emails addresses as someones spam filter may be spitting them out.I know it's not the spam filter from my isp as I've never (in the last 10 yrs ) had that happen. So it must be someone elses spam filter.Sounds like someone is a bit more retentive about spam than me!Would be nice to find out how to go about getting an upgrade to my V1 of the B737tng I have here. None of the downloads available on the precision manuals website appear to be adequate to what my aircraft is seeking. I'm confused, and yes I AM getting a bit cheesed off now.Cheers,David Stewartphred@iinet.net.au

Guest ldowney

I too need to get my install files again as my hard drive went south of the border. I have MSFS reloaded and I just need my wonderful PMDG product to get going. I've sent two emails from my SBC DSL (yahoo) account so I'm sure it isn't filtered or anything.Hope to hear from you guys soon.Lee Downey

Gents,Sorry for the delays but had to spend some quality time with the Family (and away from the computer ;-). I am digging in today and should be caught up by tommorrow. If you don'thear back from me by tomorrow night repost here.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Taylor Dumont

Thank you very much for the update. Was wondering where everyone was ;-) Cant wait to get my hands on my 737NG again.Taylor

Guest ldowney

Thanks alot. I await your response and look forward to flying in your excellent product again.

Guest Knikolaes

Holy crow. Reading this makes me so glad I backed up my baby on 2 CD Roms and on my backup partition, as well as the original download in my "flight simulator downloads" partition. Tossed Windows OS on it's own little partition so I can reformat once every few months to "clean up" without losing FS. Then nailed a registry fix tool that fixes FS every time I do so. Makes for reinstalls a lot less effort.Hope I dont sound like I am bragging. I'm not, actually. Was just sharing a tactic I use with all of my payware items and programs to make sure I never have to bug the internet to replace anything I lose.For those die-hard simmers without burners, I suggest grabbing one as they are dirt cheap and worth it. Backing up your payware is encouraged always by most payware providors -- just as long as you are backing up ONLY for yourself and not sharing with your friends (which is very highly illegal).Good luck, all.

Good advice Christopher!Cheers,

Guest chartphred

Hi,I did manage to backup to CD a couple of years ago the very first pile of downloads I did for my 737tng. But in the last couple my PC went downhill (performance wise) and it simply seemed a waste of time to even load the aircraft until I got a decent pc.Took me ages to save up the cash. Now I've got a new Asus 8AN-SLI M/b with a 120Gb Sata, PCIE graphics card, and an LG DVD Burner.Trouble is the aicraft download I have appears to have changed a #### of a lot. The V1 aircraft I purchased had this complicated registration process involved in the setup - which it is now asking for again after I've installed it. Vin from PMDG said to download the latest update and it wouldn't require the registration. I just don't know where to find the update he's talking about from 1.0 to V 2? or 3?Can anyone shed any light on where I do get it.. or do I have to be patient and await thier email response (as indicated in earlier emails).ThanksCheers,David

David,You have to be patient I'm afraid. Version 1.3, which is the latest version, is a complete install and you will get a login procedure do be able to download it. After that you can backup your v1.3 and throw any earlier versions you have! :-)Cheers,

>.........Then nailed a registry fix tool that fixes FS>every time I do so. Makes for reinstalls a lot less effort......Any clue on where I can get this tool?

Guest chartphred

Hi,Thanks for explaining that Mats. I just wasn't sure how it all worked. It wasn't explained to me that I had to await a code to be able to download the update. Cheers,Davidphred@iinet.net.au

Guest Knikolaes

Ya know? I forgot where I got it . . . . lemme do a search on it and if I cant re-fiond it I will host it on my own web site just for you guys. . . . . I think I still have the tool and the readme . . . . Chris