Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taylor Dumont

PMDG -- not responding to my "please update me" emails

Guest Knikolaes

Annnd . . got it. Here is a full paste of the Readme. In the readme is the web site where the tool is at. I decided to paste the entire readme here to assist with those wanting to decide if thies would be useful to them . . . -------------------------------------------- TweakFS Path Utility for FS2004 (Freeware) Version 1.0 TweakFS.com October 16, 2004 Website: http://tweakfs.com Support Forum: http://tweakfs.com/forum Email: info@tweakfs.com----------------------------------------------------------INTRODUCTION:-------------Thank you for downloading TweakFS Path Utility for FS2004! Hopefully it will help you sort out any FS9 registry problems.---------FEATURES:---------- Repairs the FS2004 path in the Windows Registry - Checks the registry path for the FS9.exe file - Warns if the registry path is missing- Sets the registry path for the FS9.exe file - Warns if the FS9.exe is not in folder on clicking the "Set" button - Avoids the need to reinstall FS2004 in the event of registry corruption ---------OVERVIEW:---------Many FS applications depend on knowing the path to the FS9.exe as reported in the Windows Registry. But what if the registry entry is corrupted or has been deleted? Also manually copying the FS9 folder to another folder or drive will invalidate the registry entry. This may in some cases prevent the FS add-on from working correctly.The FS9 Path Utility has been prepared by TweakFS to help customers who had any difficulties arising from the above-mentioned scenarios and is made available here as freeware. We may be adding more functionality in the future so if you have any suggestions please do let us know.-------------INSTALLATION:-------------Simply extract or copy the "FS9Path_Utility.exe" to any location and run the program by double-clicking on the file.--------------DOWNLOAD LINK:--------------http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zipVersion 1.0 - October 16, 2004--------------------------Initial release.-------------------------------------------------Copyright

Guest chartphred

Hi,Thanks for the tweakfs file url. Very handy thing to have.Just not sure how it is you backup your whole flight sim dir from program files while you're rebuilding a hdd? Does that reg hack do the job? I have to say despite what the rep from pmdg said, I'm still awaiting a mere acknowledgement (after over 3 - 4 weeks) that they're even GETTING my emails. Let alone the file I'm after.I've sent them emails from over FIVE different email addresses (including friends). Still not a word.They must have the worlds meanest spam filter.Cheers,David

Guest Knikolaes

Basicly I am runing multiple partitions. I have a 180GB Partition dedicated to FS9 and another 180 Gigs WAS dedicated to FS2002, but I since retired 2002 and use that partition for storing downloads for FS9.Windows is on it's own partitoon on my machine, so about once every 2 months, I do a complete reformat just to sweep and clear any possible viruses, bugs, etc that may have slipped through my McAffee, Norton, WinClam and Spy Sweepers.My Documents has it's very own partition as well, and so does games and utilities respectively. Thus I can do my Windows reinstall without losing a single bit of information. The only things I lose are my registry and windows settings. Windows settings are good to lose once in a while, as sometimes these settings can bog down a system rather than help it. After a reinstall I can set the settings I know I used the most and forgo the rest.The registry I lose on purpose because most viruses and trojans use reg settings to initiate their programming. That is why I absolutely love the reg fix tool. There was one out there for FS2002 as well, but I since deleted it.So far my FS9 is only 100GBs thick, and I plan to have it stay there since I am for the most part slightly happy withthe realism I piled into the thing. Software complete, I am going to now build an at-home cockpit based on PMDG's products.As for PMDG Answering your emails, I am unsure what is happening there. I have only had to write them once and they replied pretty quick.Now . . . .which drive did I store that plywood on . . . ?