Sign in to follow this  
Guest noflyzone

Airbus Request

Guest noflyzone

Gents,i've had the 737 for a while now, and love it..it's provided many hours of fun and great replay.I am wondering what is the possibility of Robert & Company producing another heavy series, but this time based on Airbus ?We've seen 757, 777 from PMDG in some variant or the other, so an Airbus A330 would be fantastic.I know PSS Phoenix has one, and it's pretty good, because i've used it, but i think it would take PMDG to "refine" and produce a totally awesome Airbus package.Anyhow, just a thought.cheers~mike

PMDG's development time for aircraft is approaching real world development scales ;-) . Doubt, no check that, you won't see an Airbus from PMDG for a loooong time if ever.

Eric 

Guest Paul Heaney

PMDG Tried to contact Airbus, but they were less than willing to offer support they needed.

Search for "Airbus" on this forum and you will have plenty of answers.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

"PMDG Tried to contact Airbus, but they were less than willing to offer support they needed."That's ashame that the manufacture would not help out PMDG. Knowing the quality of PMDG's work, I am suprised Airbus did not respond to their needs. Best regards,moss1

Guest Daniel Pimentel

They must have been too busy figuring out how to make the pig (A380) fly. :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>That's ashame that the manufacture would not help out PMDG.I (vaguely) recall reading about it that Airbus was reluctant sharing their "secrets" with a US company. Considering that most PMDG developers live in EU countries it only shows how paranoid they are. Am I shedding any tears ? - h*ell no, I actually rejoice, I personally think there are more exciting airplanes to simulate than buses. :-lolMichael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest yylie1

Hi there one and all, Sad to see how prejudice has gotten into the flightsim world as well. I thought that this only happened in the airliners.net forums but also down here? Has anyone tried to contact Nils Algren? Or asked someone who has the A330 flight manual before blasting AIRBUS? And on that note i dun think that BOEING will send you their B777 or B787 operating manual either.Please go to http://www.a340.net/Yes I have the PSS A330 panel as well. It is quite good but with a few inaccuracies and problems, likewise with the PMDG B737NG. Also with several problems and inaccuracies. Just do a seacrh on this forum and you will find that the seeminly perfect B737NG also has some problems with it. Like in the SouthWest cockpit config, the PFD display is wrong and the PFD in the B777 style if missing things like the PLIs, etc. But come on! THis is a US$30 package and not a US30$ Million B737 full motion simulator. One major problem with the PSS A330 is the FBW system. The planes stalls? Thought it was impossible for FBW to stall? Also the lower ECAM displays the wheel page is wrong. I think alot of people have asked for a patch on that package but nothing has been done on it. I think that is why Phoenix Simulations is on the way out now. They were not the good developers they used to be when they started off with. The PSS A330 frankly has alot of problems and were not taken care of when it came out 2 years ago? And still hasnt been. But everytime someone goes onto the forum and asks about a patch for it, the standard reply is "No point patching a 2 year old product". THis is true to a certain extent, but it is 2 years old because since it first came out 2 years ago nothing was ever done for it. Almost everyone, i think about 90% of the users had frame rate problems with it and nothing was ever done to address that problem. The lower ECAM was just a slightly modified A320 one, with the problems on the previous package being brought over to the A330 one. I would have expected more from them. Regards,MElissa Liew

Guest Callmecapt

Melissa, a little respect for both companies...this is a PMDG forum, not a PSS forum. And if you hadn't noticed, PSS is developing 2 new aircraft for release later in the year so to say they are going out of business is, in my opinion, quite unfair unless they have issued a statement informing us of this.Not attacking you, just asking you to show a little respect.RegardsGoran

Guest yylie1

Yes, I know that PSS is planning to come out with new products somewhere this year. But what I was saying was that PSS support is not as good as it used to be. I have been following their forums for a while. There are alot of bugs with the PSS A330 package and this was talked about in the forums right from the very beginning. What I was saying was that nothing was ever done to address these issues. But when I bought their PSS B747 package in the past, the support was better. nowadays they just tell you that "No point updating a 2 year old product". I guess it is probably a cut and paste answer that they have cuz i have seen it alot. Also another standard reply is "due to flight sim limitations". Nothing was ever looked into to correct it either. Sorry for being disrespectful as what you mentioned that this is a PMDG forum but i also felt that you guys also should show AIRBUS lovers like me and my friends some respect as well.Regards,Melissa Liew

Melissa,Nobody in this thread showed any disrespect towards Airbus fans. What has been discussed here is the lack of response from the Airbus corporation when approached by the PMDG corporation. And some speculations as of why. That's it. Regarding the documentation needed for developing. When you are modelling a new aircraft on the level that PMDG does it, you need more than an AOM. You need wirings schemes, performance tables, logic drawings the whole shebang. I don't think it's possible to model an aircraft on this level without some co-operation from the real-world developer.Hope it helps,

Guest Boaz

I would love to see an Airbus being simulated correctly.I am personally more of a Boeing fan, because of their "pilot-in-the-center" cockpits and their diverse looks of their planes and flightdecks.But The airbus family has their charm do doubt about that, and their flight decks are unique and high tech, and for that I would want to try and fly a loyal and convincing reproduction of a Bus cockpit.I must say that PSS has created a visual replica of the Airbus family, but they have failed to produce anything that would feel, sound or behave like the real thing. In my oppinion they focus to extensively on the looks of the flightdecks and external views, but on realism and simulation.The closest yet was PIC A320 from Wilco... Again come glitches, but the creators of it, definately focused on simulating the A320's systems and technology and for that I respect them.Just my humble oppinion. Maybe Flight1 are up for the challenge, after having coorporated with EADS on the creation of the ATR72-500.Boaz...

Melissa,I agree with you 100% with respect to the PSS issues. I have 4 payware aircraft, including the PMDG 737NG and the PSS was the only one which, shamefully I might add, had to have an ALTERNATE FDE before it could work with the specs of FS2004 - i.e. it could not do a proper accelerated simulation without the alternate FDE's. PSS is by far the most problematic payware I own but I did manage to fix its problems, but CERTAINLY NOT with PSS's help, but with third-party developers' help which is ridiculous! As for respect for PSS - THEY LOST IT VERY SOON AFTER I (AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE) PURCHASED THEIR AIRBUS PACKAGES. Respect is not automatic but earned and PSS does not deserve respect - PMDG on the other hand definitely does! Sorry for being harsh but the simple fact of the matter is that PSS is by far worst in support and bugs of any of the payware I own. I hope they shape up for their upcoming 777 and 757!As for Airbus, I've heard that other developers have had issues dealing with them too but it would be nice to get their cooperation in making a great simulation of their aircraft which PMDG is fully capable of making, that's for sure.John

Guest yylie1

Hi there! THanks for the reply John. I am an A330 fanatic as that was the plane my dad almost got to but never flew. That was because he got promoted to the DC-10 and skipped the A330 as it wasnt ready yet. I have sat on the A330 flight deck twice and I loved the automation that it has. Sat in the flight deck for a landing in Singapore Changi and one more at the old airport in Kuala Lumpur, Subang. Back then I havent started on flight sim and there wasnt any AIRBUS package that was accurate enough both payware or freeware. Made me wonder what the heck was the "30....20.....Retard....Retard....Retard..." call out. What was retard anyway? Quite lame but that was the point that i started my craze on AIRBUS and in the process i started to lose interest in BOEING aircraft. At that time my dad was still in the B737 fleet so I got many opportunites to sit on the flight deck all over Asia. But i was more in to technology and until i saw the A330, the most advanced flight deck i have ever been on was the B737-400 with its EFIS. An electronic PFD and ND display. I am doing an electrical engineering undergrad program here in Monash Melbourne and I hope to take AVIONICS as my subject next year. Prehaps i can further enhance the FBW system of today? John, about the more accurate flight dynamics file for the PSS A330. Where can I download it from? I am stalling when I do the approach sometimes. Are you also experiencing lousy frame rates like the rest of us also?Hey PMDG speaking of FBW. How about a B777 from you guys? Since the B777LR is gonna come out soon? There are currently some interesting things being discussed about it on airliners.net I couldnt believe its range? Over 9000 nm? Wow! That is like from Sydney to Paris CDG non stop? I wouldnt wanna be stuck in a plane for so long but yup i guess it is. Just out of curiosity, now with the range of the B777LR how come no one is making noise about the time that we would have to endure on it? When the A340-500 came out people were making alot of noise about the time we would have to spend on board with all kinds od false accusations? I hope that PMDG would not only model American made planes but also European made ones as well? I would love an accurate PMDG A340-500 flight deck that I can fly from Singapore to Newark non stop in flight sim.( Personally I could never endure such a long flight in real life) . Recently my cousins went back to the states and was asking me about the non stop flight. In the end they flew business but on the more conventional flight with the typical stop over in Tokyo and LAX.BTW, how come nobody tried to contact Nils Algren? He is also an AIRBUS fanatic. Prehaps he could help?Regards,Melissa Liew