Sign in to follow this  
Guest ntsmith

After FSCREW I have probs I never knew I had !

Guest ntsmith

After I installed this product I found the battery switch would not operate. Now this is a result I guess that I had 737-600 v1.2 the 737-800 had gone on ok and that had been updated to the latest version. BUT when I looked at the 737-600 I found it to be v1.2 and not 1.3, however when I try to upgrade it to the v1.3 I first got the dll is not the expected dll in the modules folder. I then deleted that (bad move I guess) and found now that I still cannot upgrade it because another txt file is missing. Any ideas what to try next. One thing with the PSS aircraft at least they can be got updated or even put back in a very few minutes. Wish PMDG were as good.If I do an "about" in PMDG 737-600 I get PMDG Options Module 2.01 (Interim) which seems weird somehow.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Guest ntsmith

After trying again with 1.2 to the 1.3 update I took a copy of the received message whch was The fileC:Program FilesMODULESPMDGoptions.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be updated. This being the Options Module 2.01 (Interim)Does that help anyone to help me :)Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Hello, I would uninstall both the PMDG and FS2Crew, then reinstall the PMDG, update it to current v1.3, then reinstall FS2crew, and you should be ok. I own both and had no problems because my PMDG products were already updated first. I think you need to get the PMDG removal tool to uninstall the 737. Most important, make sure you have everything you need to do the reinstall before deleting anything. I hope this was some help. Maybe someone from PMDG can chime in to make sure I gave you the proper advice. Best regards,moss1

Guest ntsmith

Have uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Thats when I noticed the problem. Perhaps if there was a way to confirm its v1.2 or 1.3 it may help as apparently there is a known bug (just heard this from PMDG) that says its v1.2 and its really v1.3. Since the 737-800/900 loads they say that it must be v1.3 which would be a good outcome I guess. I sure would like to know how to tell what actually is installed now its back on - Well the 737-600/700 is back on anyway.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest ntsmith

I finally resolved the problem by using the uninstaller and reinstalling all again. Seems like it was a rogue dll (The onein the modules folder that was the problem)It allowed me to install the FSCrew but must admit it is over hyped.Not enough variation in my humble opinion. When in real life does anyone come on board and give the same comments. Anyway all now is well and I would certainly like to thank those people that emailed me as well to solve my problem so quickly and this includes the kind person from FSCrew - even if I still do not like the program :)Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hey Nigel, glad you got things worked out. FSCrew can seem unenjoyable if you don't know the flow of using it. I still have issues not getting things the way I'd like. Of course I didn't read the manual enough. It will grow on you, once you get through the first hump of understanding all the inner workings of it. Best regards,moss1

Guest ntsmith

I am still not totally convinced. It seems that it always starts from KSFO and it always gives the same departure SID. There are few instances I know of that anyone gives the same answers and questions every time you see them. Seems very US based, just like MS scenery; great if your an American but they do sell to Europe as well.I found the graphics started to flash (like what happens when you overdrive a grphics card)when two instances of the program accidentaly are running - something which is very easy to do. I feel the program is potentialy brilliant but needed further development before release.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Nigel,I would suggest you take your questions and concerns a couple of stairs down to the official FS2Crew support forum. I'm sure Brian York and his users can help you to gain a good experience from this software. :-)Hope it helps,