Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Weather Issues

Guest stevepow

Today was a day for sorrow flight 1783 to KLAX crashed today 27 minutes into the flight at 7:22AM (PT) @ FL220 DUE to over stress i was lucky to get out of it but 127 people did not make it. I tried everything i could but weather problems kept causing my plane to overspeed by 127 KNTS one minute i would me cruising @ MACH 7.2 then all of a sudden i guess a sudden gust of wind took me from MACH .72 to .84 In the blink of an eye can someone please please please tell me what the problem is. This only happens when i put the weather on.(the built in weather)This has been a problem in the past but this has been the first time that it has caused me to crash (overstress)Please help me out someone.

That's a wonderful feature of the built-in weather. To avoid this, consider ActiveSky 2004. It's an external weather program that has many features. It can also smooth the wind changes and prevet your issue.James

James gave you a good advice. ;-)Anopther thing to consider if you would like to use the built-in Real Weather is to buy a registration to FSUIPC. This way you will get Pete Dowson's fix for this FS bug. And a lot of more finetuning options for weather and other things.BTW. Active Sky is using FSUIPC for fixing the severe weather shifts.Hope it helps,

Guest stevepow

hey guys thanks for the answeres what do you think the best option is buy active sky or buy the registration ????

Steve, I went for the Active sky option and am really pleased with it.I do not have a registered copy of FSUIPC and so far... not had any problems at all.Just my opinion.Regards

I think it's a toss-up. If you're happy with the default WX and just want to stop the crazy wind shifts, then go with FSUIPC.If you want a full WX overhaul, go with ActiveSky.Also, Mats, can you double check that FSUIPC does perform wind smoothing on the MSFS WX? I'd hate to lead this gent astray.James

James,You made me unsure about the FSUPIC wind shift fix now. Will try to check tomorrow.Cheers,