Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Any good mesh for the area around Edwards AFB????

Guest Stardog

Well I got this new awesome T-38 Talon and now I would like to have some good mesh for around Edwards AFB or another big AFB somewhere in the world as I am used to using addon mesh for all the bush flying I do and cant hardly stand the default mesh anymore :(Anyone know of anything that might fit this need????Thanks ahead of time

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Stardog!Go into the AVSIM Library "Extended Search" and in the window for "Name and/or Description" type in:meshBe prepared to be there a while hun ;)Another place where you can get some very nice mesh downloads is:http://www.fsgenesis.com/There is payware but also freeware (look in upper right corner and click on "Mesh Central"Other than having a conflict of textures with one particular Los Angeles mesh file, everything worked together quite nicely.A tip though when installing any kind of scenery. Go into the sim and take a look at what it looks like by default, screenshot if necessary.Then go back afetr your install and take another look.Will probably be fine, but when you start getting all the stuff installed like i have, you start running the risk of conflicts. What I'm getting at, is check with EACH individual install.I learned the hard way. Had a major texture SNAFU in California but had installed a LOT of files. After much frustration, I still could not discover which one was causing the problem so I had to delete it all and start over again. I ever have to do that again, I QUIT!By checking each individual installation, at least if you discover a problem, you know right away what file is causing it.Good hunting!!Heather

Guest Stardog

Hey Heather!! Tanx girly! :)I was actually looking at the FSGenesis Los Angeles but wasnt sure if it went all the way up to Edwards AFB and the site said it was for FS2000. Is it running ok for you in FS2002?I am going to purchase their Alaska and US mesh double CD for 19:95 I think. It sure looks nice :)

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Stardog,I have a lot of various California material installed, including the Los Angeles area. As far as FSGenesis Los Angeles, I can't say for sure. I couldn't find it in my archives while looking for an exe file.Can't answer regarding Edward's, hadn't flown up there.If it's for FS2000, I generally don't bother as I have had more failures than successes when trying to use FS2000 scenery with FS2002.Generally though, I've been very pleased with their material.I have only used their freeware files but am certain you will get your money's worth.Regards,Heather