Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ross

B744 in testing.

Guest Ross

Hi there,Just wanted to say hi to Lefteris. He was doing some (Alpha?) testing out of Athens LGAV on vatsim the other day as I was landing on one of my scheduled flights with BA virtual in a company who will remain nameless's ;-) B767-300ER. Nice to see that things are still ticking over nicely.

Guest Marc Harrington

Just to clarify, the 747 is not in beta testing yet.I took it out of the hangar myself last night for my first flight with Vatsim. :)

Guest Callmecapt

Now why did you have to add that you took it out for a spin? Couldn't you have left it at "it's still in alpha". No, you had to tease us with the fact you took her for a spin.You're a cruel man MarcRegardsGoran

Guest Marc Harrington

Sorry Goran. It's my reward for sitting here working on it all day long. :)Hey, at least you know now it can fly. ;)

Guest Captain Vala

You just reminded me of Howard's Spruce Goose ;)Vala

Guest Callmecapt

As long as it's moving closer to beta testing, it's ok. Just don't enjoy it too much.RegardsGoran

Hi Ross-well- it gives people one more reason to fly LGAV-LGTS and back (I am using those two airports as they can support our "big mama" ;-)).Now with Squawkbox3 out finally, there's no reason why you wouldn't see me flying online every once in awhile... (not too much, tho - we're still feverishly developing!!!).Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Ross

That was my first flight into LGAV. I've got about 900 hours with BA Virtual but had never flown that route before. Its a great airport to fly into, excellent scenery on approach and departure.I don't think the BAV beancounters would be too happy if I strapped on a 744 instead of the 763. Methinks two RB211s is all they can afford over that route. :-hah

Guest ahmedem

Hi Ross,As a side note...Been flying that route recently too for BAV, can I recommend (if you don't already have it) some excellent freeware scenery for LGAV. Its the "Hellas Scenery Project (HSP) LGAV Venizelos" and its in the file library here. Really excellent airport scenery and free!!!Pretty excited to hear the 744 is coming along nicely.

Guest Ross

Ahmed,I downloaded that scenery after the flight and used it on the return leg. Its very good indeed.

Guest cargo747

>Just to clarify, the 747 is not in beta testing yet.>>I took it out of the hangar myself last night for my first>flight with Vatsim. :)>>>uuuhhhh... this would not have been on a routing KSEA to KSFO by any change :-) ;-) on the 27th?Cheers,Norbert - CLX001CEO Virtual Cargoluxwww.virtualcargolux.orgCLX_banner_grey.jpg

Be careful you don't bump into that ugly thing taking off from Toulouse today :-hah Cheers.Ian.