Sign in to follow this  
Guest mruane

The 1900C what a pleasure to operate.

Guest mruane

I have heard a lot about "lifting the bar" lately, but this unpretentious little aircraft (the 1900C) actually does lift the bar in the VC. These gauges really are smooth!Don't know how you did it but my hat's off to you. If this is a sneak peak at the 747 VC then - get on with it - please :-walksmile Top Job People!

Guest mruane

Ken, the VC gauges just take your breath away don't they. I have never seen anything like this in FS before. You actually feel like you can touch them.The engine sounds are much better (to my ears) also (compared with the 1900D) and I really appreciated the thought in making the left seat armrest lift up so you can get to the autopilot.A bit of thought has gone into this bird and it shows.

Guest Agrajag

I just bought this about 30 minutes ago and did a quick touch-and-go. WOW. I'd been avoiding PMDG for all these years because I'm not a jet fan and I had the impression that their stuff was unapproachable for those of us that like detail but not THAT much detail. A couple things I'm curious about. First, note that I don't generally buy add-on aircraft. It's one of the things I've managed to limit over the years. My favorite plane is the PSS Dash 8 but it's buggy so that got me to finally listen to a friend and try this. Thus my experience with add-on aircraft is a bit limited.First, where the heck is the auto-pilot? I looked all over and couldn't find it. I see above something about it being under an armrest.Second, VC? When I move to the screen where the VC should be, there's nothing there. Did I do something wrong? I LOVE the 2D panel and the views around the cockpit from the 2D mode but when I toggle to VC it's just a view of the outside world.Third, is there an option to start this thing dark? They provide all the info for starting it up but no setting or tool to set up the plane on start. Yes I know I can save a default flight but that's clumsy. The PSS Dash 8 comes with a tool that includes a check box to start dark. Very clean and quick.Is there no FMC? If not, that's no big deal but what are people using then? Just the Garmin?Flying this thing was a real treat and it's beautiful. Doesn't hurt that I fly out of Philly and prefer US Air liveries which they already had.

Guest mruane

Hi,The autopilot is between the seats in the VC. Its not where you would expect to find it but probably matches the real world version. CLick on the armrest to lift it.Make sure that you have selected the VC version when you select the aircraft. There is a non VC version available and thats probably what you selected by accident. If you haven't seen the VC yet your missing the best part.

Guest Agrajag

I clicked the only download link I got on the site. I'll go back and check. Surely that's what happened.Rich Heimlich (objection noted)

Guest mruane

Sorry, you may have misunderstood me. When you select the aircraft in FS you have an option then to select either just the 2D or the VC model. They are both installed when you install the aircraft. So the VC model is NOT a seperate download.There is no FMC, you just fly this bird the normal way VOR to VOR. Of course there is a Garmin GPS unit. I don't use the GPS I just enjoy VOR hopping.I have not noticed a Cold and Dark option but it shouldn't be too hard to create one for yourself.(PS you will probably be asked by someone soon to remember to sign your posts with your real name - its a forum rule. Refer to the other posts in this and other threads for examples).

Guest Agrajag

Thanks Mike.I now understand my mistake and, as noted, due to not being an aircraft junkie, I missed something rather common for those of you who are. The "lack" of an FMC is not an issue. Just assumed it would be there and asked in case I was missing it.As far as the signature thing, I posted a note about that in response to my support post on a different message. I've been forum posting for 25 years and have never seen such a request in all that time. Thus it was HIGHLY unlikely that I'd choose to read a guideline here when I also post to many other forums here that don't have such a guideline.I personally find the guideline to be a bit goofy but hey, I can opt not to participate if I don't like it, right? For much of the same reason PMDG has requested the signature, I can list reasons why it's not a good idea and as the one who finds themselves in the role of the customer, I'd argue that this view needs to carry weight. First there's the question of security and simple person desire to stay anonymous online. MANY people are concerned about that. I, for one, am not. There's also the case of signatures taking up a lot of unnecessary space and including graphics, etc., that all take away from the core point of reading what's here. Thus, as a rule, I don't use them except in the workplace. On a home theater forum I visit, people have taken to listing their equipment in their signatures and the result is that 95% of the text you see there is equipment listings instead of the actual discussion. Sorry for the rant but again, as this is the first time in 25 years I've encountered such a guideline, I couldn't help but provide and alternative viewpoint. Thanks for helping out.Rich Heimlich

Guest mruane

Hi RichWell you certainly don't need to apologise to me, although I appreciate the sentiment. I must say though, that it is much better when one can refer to someone by name. I think that it just helps to create a more friendly environment, so I have not been offended by this forum requiring it. Its (from my point of view) just a better way to handle written communications.I have added my signature to my forum options so I never have to remember to do it on each post. I do not use a signature picture like many others do but that's a personal choice. I think its just enough to have your name displayed so people can refer to me by name.Ok go enjoy the 1900C - I certainly am.Best Regards and,

Yeah, I love this little bird too!! Check couple of screenshots I posted in the PMDG forum...I also fly this bird VOR to VOR mostly, usually not higher than 5000ft. Such nice views, especially from the VC. What's great, that you are completely able to fly it from the VC. And with TrackIR, you can easily access any possible button. And no need to mention that, except in extremely cloudy situations, in VC, my FPS are 40fps locked and DO NOT fall below. And VC gauges are incredibly smooth! PMDG did it again! THANK YOU!

>Ken, the VC gauges just take your breath away don't they. I>have never seen anything like this in FS before. You actually>feel like you can touch them.>>The engine sounds are much better (to my ears) also (compared>with the 1900D) and I really appreciated the thought in making>the left seat armrest lift up so you can get to the>autopilot.>>A bit of thought has gone into this bird and it shows.>Completely agree, Mike. The first time I started her up, I was amazed with the great sounds package. It just sounds so much more like real life than most any other FS prop I've flown.The VC is fantastic as well. I'll admit I only have a very few payware aircraft (the 1900D and C and a couple other ones), but I've never seen VC gauges this nice.All in all, this is an excellent plane for us short haulers to fly. Well done, PMDG!KP

> but I've never seen VC gauges this nice.Try Flight1's Cessna 172R and Dreamfleet's Beach A36.

>> but I've never seen VC gauges this nice.>>Try Flight1's Cessna 172R and Dreamfleet's Beach A36. >>Thanks! I'm strongly considering the A36. In fact, may buy it today. I don't buy many aircraft, so my expertise on this subject is minimal. Thanks for the suggestions!KP