Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

New 1900C owner. No VC.

Guest Agrajag

I just bought the 1900C and it's my first PMDG and I'm impressed. I love the Express concept (though I wouldn't mind seeing two versions down the line, and Express and Full for when we want to take that next step).Anyway, I installed everything and it seemed to go well except that I have absolutely no virtual cockpit. That mode has me just looking out into space.What happened? What can I do to fix this?Rich Heimlich (objection noted)

Mr/Ms "What happened? What can I do to fix this?"First. Please take a minute to read through the forum guidelines pinned near the top of the first page. You are required to sign all your posts with your real name.Now. To be able to see the VC, be sure to select the model with the VC included when selecting your aircraft. See below screenshot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110775.jpgHope it helps,

Guest Agrajag

Thanks for the pointer on the VC Mats,With regard to the forum guidelines, forgive me but I find that to be a bit "odd". I visit these types of forums all the time and have never encountered anything like that request. Would it be that difficult to simply address me by my handle as provided? However, as that is your rule I will try to remember that when posting, but again, since it's such a unique guideline, it's very likely to be forgotten as I'm assuming most posters do not need to contact you all the time. I'm hoping this is one of the few times I need to bug you about something (as I suspect you're hoping as well ). I'm also not a fan of signatures in general as they tend to become a bit "noisy" and often just make a large thread much larger for little benefit.Please understand that I don't intend this to be an insulting message but I was a bit concerned by the way you would choose to interface with a brand new customer. First impressions are often hard to overcome.Rich Heimlich

Rich,It was certainly not my intetion to offend you. My sincere apologies if that was the case. As an old-timer in the forum world you are certainly aware that each forum has it's own culture and lingo and I'm afraid you just got your first share of that. ;-)Sorry again,

Guest Agrajag

No problem. You'll see that I'm not too difficult as I added, against my normal policy, a basic signature for AVSIM.Glad to be a customer. Here's hoping all goes well. I haven't flown anything in over a year other than my PSS Dash 8 so the change to the 1900C has been a real eye opener.Still not much of a VC fan after all. Maybe I need to try TrackIR. However, it is about the best VC I've seen.

You will absolute love TrackIR! :) I also must say that I will probably spend most of my vatsim time in the Beech 1900C since it's so wonderful to fly and is so perfect when you want to make short but many hops and don't wanna spend half evening setting up the plane! It's after all landing and take off that are the most fun parts! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Agrajag

Well the reason I have the plane in the first place is due to a long series of misadventures that started with Squawkbox 3 refusing to work right (I'm in a long list of people who are having really tough problems) and then re-installing FS9 only to find that my beloved PSS Dash-8 now stutters terribly (something to do with a crap gauge that no one can seem to locate). I just got fed up and a friend recommended the 1900C as a good alternative. Yep, a VERY good one indeed.