Sign in to follow this  
erict

Opinions on Project AI

OK, it's been out for a few weeks now. What are your ideas on this free series of add-ons? I've installed most of the flight plans and then have downloaded quite a few AFCAD's and have seen mixed results. For example, at O'Hare it's really great. Lots of traffic (although mostly United, but this should change when more plans are released.) Then I go to Philadelphia Int. (with AFCAD additions) and see literally nothing. KMLK (Mitchell in Milwaukee) is also very bare, even though I know that United is strong here. The European airports seem to have more variety of airlines, but I don't fly there that often.Just looking for some feedback, whether positive or negative. I will have to say that it's quite an undertaking and a great idea. If you have any insight into the future of this project, please comment as well.See ya,Spruce

I presonally think PAI is one of the greatest addons. The framerate improvement in using their models versus the default aircraft or Mike Stone's models is massive. Of course given the airlines currently available and what airports you edit with AFCAD, many airports may seem a bit sparse, but that will change as more airlines are issued. Misha

well,in my opinio it's the greatest freeware add-on so far.it adds so much realism (I have all complete airlines installed).the only negative thing I noticed is the lack of realisitic cruise altitudese.g. all long range lufthansa flightplans have a cruise altitude of Fl430,450,470...don't what the maker of it was thinkingbut that's only minor to a biiger problem for memost flightplans in Europe don't have RVSm and are way too highe.g. an LFPG-EGLL flight FL310.1)this is wrong in Europe as RVSm is apllied (should be e.g. FL300 or 320)2)even if it was RVSM,this altitude is way too high for such a short flight.FL180 e.g. would be more realisticthat's really the major thing that frustrates me a lotlove PAI thoughSeba

Guest Edam

You can't expect, at this early stage, for there to be every flight, everywhere. I have plenty of planes at KPHL, United, Delta, US Airways. As for KMLK, maybe in time, more flight plans will be released for it. In either case, maybe you should ask your question on the Project AI Forum:http://www.projectai.com/Forums/default.asp

I think they are the best addon out there! It is so nice to have low polygon aircraft to be used as AI. And with variety! No more using those default paints for AI.As for the lack of aircraft, just give them some time. People are repainting tons of aircraft as we speak so we'll continue to have more options to choose from. I have actually repainted probably 100 or so myself since they were not out yet and I needed them to be used with WorldAI (third party flightplans).Brandon

Edam, I agree, it's very early. I'm interested in initial impressions and what the future may hold for this large undertaking. I also posted this at AVSIM because of the large number of readers who always seem to have a generous supply of feedback, as you just contributed. More comments welcome.Spuce

>e.g. all long range lufthansa flightplans have a cruise >altitude of Fl430,450,470...don't what the maker of it was >thinking What airplane do they fly then? most commercial flight for jets are been done between 330 and 390 fliht levels. Long hauls may go to 410 but thats on the end of the flight.JohanPS: I hope PAI release more plans and planes soon, since its the bestthing after sliced bread.

Hi there,I think PAI is great. As to the problem with few flights showing up, I had the same at EDDF. It turned out there weren't enough gates available, so I downloaded a different Afcad file and now I have difficulties getting a slot... :)One question, though - how can you disable the default MS flights? I want to get rid of the jets, but keep the GA flights. Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Gosta.

Guest Edam

As Johan, and others, have replied, Project AI is the best thing since sliced bread. What a second...sliced bread? I prefer Italian bread with olive oil, garlic, and some diced Jersey tomatoes. Bruschetta!Well, either way.

Guest gasebah

If you have installed the base installer the default jets should have been deleted!!! So I take it you did not install the base installer first?You should also have a new traffic bgl that corrects the aircraft numbers. German planes will be e.g. D-EGFD, Austrian planes will be O-EGHG etc.. This also adds greatly to the realism. The only downside is that ATC will spell D-EFDG "delta minus echo...".However you can easily change that by opening the flightplan.txt (frm TTools) and exchange "-" by " ".Be brave and install the base installer first- then the airlines. Make a backup copy of ur traffic.bgl first.Alex

Guest gasebah

Hi,PAI is by far the best available adon fr FS2002. I have all airlines installed and in middle Europe it is simply great. In this early stage it seems clear that some areas of the world are rather deserted but u have to give it a little time. I also love what they did with GA plane numbers.Very good job PAI!!!!!I hope they will survive. Fund them pleeze!!Alex

Guest GabrielR

Just as you said, a lot of people is making new repaints as we speak, (I'm one of those) AS far as the availabilty of spots to park, a great effort to add gates to every major international airport has to be done also. In short, and using a excel sheet, I manage to errase, not only the default traffic in selected airports, but also the GA in the international Airports, and the traffic looks now more realistic, I live next to middle marker of the Rwy 9 in KMIA, and I have not seen the first single engine depart or arrive to this airport.

I have just started downloading and using PAI and I think it's amazing stuff. Sure, there are a few little bugs, that's to be expected. Just remember, it's the first release of anything like this, there are bound to be small issues with some things, I'm sure the team is learning from this. As time goes on things will be fixed and improved. There probably are limits to what can be done in terms of programming etc.I think the PAI team need to take a bow, they've done excellent work and really added to Simming.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Thanks Alex - I did use the base installer, but I just realised I reinstalled FS afterwards, so the traffic.bgl got deleted, and the new airlines were just added on.I'm going to reinstall right now.Thanks again,Cheers,Gosta.

Hi,As an operations coordinator at KMKE(Milwaukee General Mitchell International), not KMLK, just wanted to let you know that United stopped operating out of KMKE about 1 year ago. Now its just United Express (operated by Air Wisconsin). They fly Bae-146 and RJ's only. The only time we see real UAL aircraft is when O'hare sends diversions our way. Then its scramble-time!! Tom