Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

setting buttons on your controller

Guest stevepow

I needed some help setting my buttons on my CH products flight yoke controller for the PMDG planes. One of the buttons i want to set is the TOGA istead of having to click it with the mouse i want to be able to do it with one of my controller buttons. I tried setting it with the settings with in the flight sim (MSFS 2004) but it did not work so i registerd the FSUIPC and tried to assign the button that way but that did not work either. Doeas anybody know of a way to fix this???

Guest davidvoogd

Make sure when in the FS controls list that you have the Yoke and not another controller selected when trying to make changes.

Guest stevepow

i tried that but it still does not work

Steven,The PMDG 737 800/900 offers assignable keystrokes for the entire custom programmed Mode control panel via the PMDG Menu in FS9. This feature is not available on the 600/700 unless you install the 800/900.Regards Paul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest stevepow

Hi Mr gollnick,I know that it has key stroke assignable keystrokes but is there a way to assign joystick buttons??

Hi Steve,I have my CH yoke and pedals (both USB) which I have assigned my push to talk button (left front red button) and my TOGA (right front red button) via my registered version of FSUIPC. You have to first ensure that those buttons are unassigned in the flight sim Options/Controls/Assignments menu (under CH Yoke at the top) and then assign them in the FSUIPC buttons tab. Press the button you wish to assign then select what function you want to achieve.TOGA in FSUIPC is under "Auto Throttle To Ga" - hard to find :(N.B. you can-not have two assignments for the one button in both FS and FSUIPC.

Guest meyomyx

Of all the buttons to configure, I wouldn't put TOGA as one of them! You press TOGA once (maybe more than once in the case of going missed) in a flight - and that's on the ground.During a flight, there are so many other things I need to be doing (changing views/panels/PTT/Brakes/Flaps) etc without finding a keypress. TOGA is one mouse click.OK so I know that doesn't answer your question! :)

Guest stevepow

i have tried everything you said and the button that you use for the TOGA is the same button that i want to set but it does not work. I made sure that the button was not assigned in the flight sim but still nothing you can see my settings in the picture

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi Mr gollnick,>I know that it has key stroke assignable keystrokes but is>there a way to assign joystick buttons??With a REGISTERED version of FSUIPC you can assign a button to generate a keystroke sequence.So, st up the keyboard assignment in the PMDG menu - i.e. set TOGA to CTRL-G.Then, in FSUIPC, go to the buttons tab, press the button you want, and click on the keystroke box, then the SET pushbutton, and hit CTRL-G.Done.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchfor more info on doing this.