Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Taxiing...

How come the Freight/Cargo versions handle so poorly in comparison to the Passenger version? This is only on the ground, in the air they are all fine :)This new Express bird is great, and I'm loving it, just having problems taxiing the Cargo/Freighter planes around.Pete told me to re-calibrate the settings for the 2 planes, how do I do that? Re-calibrate the joystick when I fly with them?Thanks for the great help and great planes guys!EDIT: Could it be this?Here is the MOI for the Cargo:;Moments of Inertiaempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 39102.0empty_weight_roll_MOI = 36159.9empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 374132.0empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 140.0Whereas the one for the Passenger:;Moments of Inertiaempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 41622.0empty_weight_roll_MOI = 39529.0empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 40899.0empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 140.0Notice the dif in YAW.....374 thousand to 40 thousand ??? Maybe that's it, maybe i'm a moron :-lol!

Here is the MOI for the Cargo:;Moments of Inertiaempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 39102.0empty_weight_roll_MOI = 36159.9empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 374132.0empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 140.0Whereas the one for the Passenger:;Moments of Inertiaempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 41622.0empty_weight_roll_MOI = 39529.0empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 40899.0empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 140.0Well here is an update....I change the: empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 374132.0 : of the Cargo to sayempty_weight_yaw_MOI = 37413.2IT helped greatly.

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Kreg,I noticed the poor taxi performance yesterday too. I even looked at the MOI entries and noticed they were different however I failed to notice just how different they were.Good spot on the out of place decimal, I'll test it later and report back.David

Guest wee_davie_2612

Well done! Works great.Cheers,David

Guest Daniel Pimentel

37,000, 370,000, it's all the same, Kreg. You're just being a hater:-lol Plus, of course it's heavier, it carries the PMDG POGO!!!! :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

LOL Daniel! How bout slappin' a fictional AA paint on this bird! And of course it's heavier, with that POGO and all :D

Guest Knikolaes

WOOOHOOOOO! POGOS!!!!!!Heheh I noticed the taxi today too, but thought nothing of it till I read this post. Thanks for the info. I thought it was just me, but now I am def going to edit that CFG :-)Chris

Glad I could help...it'll be interesting to see if PMDG changes this for an update...Maybe I'll make a new post, to help everyone!