Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

Update on my girlfriend the pilot & where to post pics?

Guest Philip Olson

Hello all, I am sure that some of you remember some time ago that I met a female pilot of a 737-700 and that she was going to get me some time in a full motion sim as well as another surprise. Well I have been back from that trip for awhile now and I have all of my pics back. As you may know from some other posts I have been spending a lot of time reinstalling FS9 and all of my add-ons due to my flight planner freezing up, well anyway I will soon be done with that and I will be able to post some of the pictures, video and my thoughts about the PMDG 737 versus a full motion sim and the real deal. I will say now that I had a blast, that was one of the most fun times I have had in my life and were it not for the PMDG I probably would not have been able to experience it at all. I do have a question though, I am not sure where I can post all of these pictures and some short video clips since I am sure the folks here do not want me to overload the forum with my pics. My ISP has a limit of 5 MB's for a web page so that is not an option either. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can post all of this stuff for you guys? If worse comes to worse I will purchase some space somewhere and post it there but I thought that I would ask you al first. On a sort of side note, the pilot and I hit it off wonderfully and we will be seeing much more of each other! She has a love of aviation that is incredible and she wants to share that with me as much as possible, she said that she is planning more stuff that is aviation related for me, after this last time I wonder what else she could have up her sleeve. :-) It is really great to actually find out all of the behind the scenes stuff that an airline pilot goes through. I know it is not that big a deal for those of you, like Robert, who do it everyday but to me it is great. Each day when we talk she tells me of her daily exploits and stories from the past, great stuff, I knew I should have been a pilot, well an airline pilot anyway. Well I better get back to the reinstall of my add-ons.Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest tmetzinger

I am TERRIBLY jealous... but not so jealous I won't let host your content on my website for a while.Send me an email at timothy.metzinger@metzair.com and let me know how much content you have, and I'll see if I can accomodate it.

Guest Knikolaes

If nothing else I also have some web space as well. If Tim can't host it all I should be able to host some of it **smiles**.Chris

Guest mruane

PhilipReally glad that this is working out for you. I use www.pbase.com for pictures. They are cheap as chips - $23/year for 200MB of storage and they provide all of the gallery management facilities. You can store about 10MB for free there as a trial account.There are a number of similar sites but PBase has suited me for while now. Could be worth a look if you have too much for the other kind offers.

Guest Philip Olson

Thank you all for your kind offers and advice! I am currently looking into the possibilities and hope to have something up for you all in a few days, I will let you know when and where they are up as well as a failry detailed account of all of the things that I was able to do. I encourage anyone to ask questions if you have them as this was such as wonderful learning experience for me I hope to pass on some of it to all of the wonderful people here. Thanks to all!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest FL050

try:www.tinypic.comDon't have to register and upload automatically.

Guest Captain Vala

Hi there Phil,What a coincidence ! I'm just about to finish my review about the same thing !! The only difference is that I on top of all of the pictures, have a 30 meg video clip, which is 3 minutes long, from the my landing. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT ONE ! Unfortunately I dont know how to make it smaller... but if anyone can help I'll appreciate it... this is a some data on the video: its in quick time format... that's all :D I appreciate any inputs,Vala

www.photobucket.com^ Excellent site for hosting pictures ^

Guest Captain Vala

How about for video clips?Vala