Sign in to follow this  
Guest bunchie

No Gauge display

Guest bunchie

I've just purchased the B1900C..... very nice.... but I have problems with the freight and cargo variants regarding gauge displays.The passenger variant is OK but if I select either freight or cargo I get varying problems as follows:1) Selecting radio stack or any of the 2D cockpit displays results in a series of blank boxes.2) Sometimes when the aircraft loads the 2D cockpit appears at the wrong resolution.. way too small, window frames stop half way up the screen.As I say, the passenger variant ia OK ... ????Please help,Thanks, Stu.(I haven't as yet downloaded any liveries... this is the default package.)

Stu,I think the 2d cockpit resolution can be solved by having FS rebuild your FS config file. Renaming the current FS config file and starting FS will result in this rebuild. If this helps the 2D display problem you can then copy any changes from your renamed config file over to the new one. If this does not solve the 2D panel problem, you can delete the new config file and rename the back-up to the active config file name restoring any changes to the config file you've made. This may also help in the blank boxes for the freighter and cargo versions. This behavior has not been widely reported so I think this may be a config file issue or an install issue. Re-installing the 1900C if the config file rebuild does not help, may solve these problems.

Guest bunchie

Thanks for your advice, Peter.I've let FS9 rebuild it's config file and re-installed the B1900c.I now have a slight variation in that when I load either the cargo or freight variants I get the default 2D Cessna cockpit but with the B1900 sounds???I've tried loading the passenger variant 1st then the cargo/freight 2nd but I still get the blank gauges.Have you a plan B ?Regards, Stu

Hi StuI've experienced the same problem and found the panel.cgo folder in the FREIGHT version is aliased to the panel.cgo folder in the PMDG B1900C Cargo version. Now, when I loaded the FedEx livery, I found it only showed the CESSNA 2D panel with no gauges. I checked out the path way and found what appears to be an error. The exisitng path points to alias=PMDG Express B1900C Cargopanel.cgobut the proper name for the CARGO version is PMDG Express B1900C-Cargo (it has a hyphen between the B1900 and the Cargo).So, I edited the FREIGHT panel.cgo folder to readalias=PMDG Express B1900C-Cargopanel.cgo (ie I inserted the hyphen)and the 2D panel comes up when the FREIGHT versions are loaded.I hope this helps you.

Guest bunchie

Thanks, Neil.I'll give give it a try. I've heard other suggestions it's an alias problem but you're the first to outline how to correct it.Thanks again, Stu.

Hi StuI hope it works out for you because the B1900C is one beautiful aircraft. I'm enjoying flying it after operating some of the more complicated aircraft (ATR72, PMDG B737, LevelD B767 etc).