Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

How can I more easily operate the Speed Brake?

Guest cliff

I understand that the Speed Brake is operated either by Mouse clicking when in "hand" shape or with the slash / below the ?However sometimes neither method activates it and invariably it takes several attemps to persuade it to move.Is there a solution?Cliff

Guest EC0101

you could map it to a more accessible key on your keyboard like the spacebar (but would need to remap what the spacebar does to another key)...or map it to a button on your controller/yoke/joystick.

Guest cliff

Paul that's certainly worth trying.However after launching F9 and sitting in the PMDG 737 I tried to make the change by going to OPTIONS.....CONTROLS....ASSIGNMENTS and discovered that Speed Brakes are not included in the list.Is there another way to assign a different key for this purpose?Cliff

Nope. Due to the new logic PMDG developed for the 737NG speedbrake, I believe it's only armable by clicking with the mouse.

Guest cliff

Without the use of the Speed Brake I'm restricted in how I fly.Is there an answer to my problem Costa?

I am using the string-key (#) and shift-String (shift+#) and to me it allways works finecheers, Helmut

Guest cliff

A friend has just solved the problem by referring me to the PMDG Maintenance Status Board which notes the following:..............................................................Recommended In-Flight Action: Arm the spoilers only in the 2D Throttle panel but using the mouse to drag the spoiler handle to the ARM position. From this point, you can use the "/" key to deploy and stow the spoilers if you wish. (You can also deploy the spoilers from the DOWN position using the "." key at any time.) Not that when you stow the spoilers using the "/" key, they will return to their previous position (either DOWN or ARM.) .............................................................I've tried it and it works.Cliff

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Cliff,yeh - works for me too - but as you say, you have to move them to 'armed first'.

Guest kame

Gentlmen,I have done as follows,1) On the ground: with / key for both deploy and stow.2) In the air: with / and SHIFT+/ keys for deploy and stow. 3) Arm: with mouse crick for on/off.All goes well.Kan-ichiro Fushihara

anyone else noticed that the spoilers (when armed of course) often don't deploy on touchdown?

Jeroen,So you thought you'd have a whip at this badly beaten horse! I think it's very dead. ;-)Try an advanced search with the right key words and your question will be answered.Short A: Make sure your throttle axis is calibrated and does not spike i.e. output should be 0 at touch-down.Hope it helps,

Guest aarskringspier

Mine deploy every time. Im not sure what the problem is

Do you have to respond with a personal attack to everything someone writes which doesn't say the product is a glorious achievement and quite perfect?My throttle axis is quite well callibrated thank you. If it weren't the thrust reversers wouldn't work either and they do (not to mention I've crosschecked several times)...

Jeroen,> Do you have to respond with a personal attack to everything> someone writes which doesn't say the product is a glorious> achievement and quite perfect?Whoa! I'm just trying to help here...Would you care to elaborate on the above phrase? I'm especially interested in where I revert to the "personal attack" and would also like to understand what you mean with your wording "everything"?And just to clarify my standpoint. This product is not at all perfect though I think it is very near a glorious achievement! ;-) (Please note my use of smileys.)> My throttle axis is quite well callibrated thank you. You're welcome. > If it weren't the thrust reversers wouldn't work either and they do> (not to mention I've crosschecked several times)...Good point. So that is out of the question then...You didn't mention it in your first post though, that's why I asked. What about spike elimination? And just to rule out the obvious: (And don't take this personal) Do you have the speed brake armed light lit?Oh and did your search bring any results by the way? I know this subject has been up for discussion plenty of times during the close to two years it's been out, hence my advice in the previous post.Hope it helps,

Guest kame

I have confirmed three times to autoland with correctly auto deployed spoilers on the NZCH 02, under condition as follows,737NG 800 GW: 144,000lbs, Flaps: 40 degrees, Speed: 141ktsAfter landing, it's necessary to repeat / key for stowing auto deployed spoilers.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara