Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Is it possible?

Guest Lobaeux4

I love the NG, but I hate the default mini-panel. During approaches, especially on short final, I like to bring up the mini-panel and fly using that. Is there a way to add in the PMDG NG PFD and ND into the mini-panel and get rid of the default gauges. I tried using copy and paste, but it just doesn't work.Any way we could add this in?Thanks,

Hi Joe,If I understand you right you will find the solution in the manual called "Tittle and Menus" (around page 0-11). And off course you will find the documentation on the PMDG's website on the "Download" tab.BRLars

Guest Lobaeux4

Lars,Thanks for responding, but it's not quite what I was looking for.If you are in the main 2D panel, and you hit the key 'W', it will bring up the MSFS default 'mini-panel', in the PMDG NG, it will get rid of the 2D cockpit display and gauges and replace them with the default 'cessna' gauges (i think they are). I remember back awhile ago there was an add-on that would change these gauges, and add in an ILS CDI and GS indicator. What I would like is the PMDG NG PFD and ND as the gauges shown in the mini-panel. I like this because on short final, I find it easier to fly using the mini panel so I get a nice clear view of the runway, BUT, I still have my ADI and instrument indications. I tried adding in the standard mini-panel section into the panel.cfg, using the PMDG NG gauges, but the PMDG gauges are 'compressed' into a main panel gauge, and using an entry into the panel.cfg doesn't bring them up.Anyone know how to do this?A terrific example is what LDS did with their 767, they used their PFD and ND in the mini-panel, and I've modified the Flight 1 ATR to use the ATR PFD and ND in it's mini-panel, I just can't figure out how to do it in the NG.Thanks,

Guest thscholz

Hi Joe,I guess what you mean is something like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/111228.jpgI've done this by editing the panel.cfg and adding a window. The window number should be the next in sequence:In the section 'Window Titles' add the following line:Window17=Mini PanelThen add the section 'Window17' (replace the brackets with the correct ones):{Window17}position=7visible=1size_mm=1280,960child_3d=1background_color=0,0,0ident=MINIPANELgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!EFISDisplay, 306,653,288,288,PFD APPgauge01=PMDG_737NG_Main!EFISDisplay, 703,653,288,288,ND APPCheersThomas