Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Royal Australian Air Force Boeing 737-7ES Wedgetail

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask if there's any chance of someone developing a Royal Australian Air Force Boeing 737-7ES Wedgetail as an add-on for the PMDG 737NG series? I think this aircraft would look superb on FS9 if done on the PMDG 737!!! Is anyone currently doing this? Thanks!

Guest Knikolaes

I am not that good at repainting, but i am a fan of Australia in all aspects. If no "expert" painters take this challenge I may go ahead and try based on photographs off airliners.netChris

Gents,PMDG apparently have a wedgetail variant ready for release, this was reported 20May04 on another thread.Should be great to see a PMDG 737 Wedgetail in the sky. It looked fantastic at the Avalon Airshow here in Oz. Took heaps of pics.Sean HvGPCAPTPersonnel Officer, RAAFv

Guest Knikolaes

Oh wow. That'd be sweet to see those pics. Any on Airliners.net?Chris

Hi Christopher,My pics arent good quality, not like the ones on airliners.netThere are however heaps of Wedgie pics on their site. Even some from the Avalon Airshow.Sean

Guest Knikolaes

I shall look this afternoon **smiles**

Guest Ross Farquharson

I would definitely buy the PDMG 737 if it came in the RAAF Wedgetail version!CheersRoss FarquharsonRAAF Virtualraf5@optushome.com.au

Hi all, so is anyone going to have a go at the Wedgetail? I don't mean to sound like I want to tell everyone what to do and wait for them to do it. I would do this myself, but I have never done it before and don't have the "know-how". If anyone has a go and wants feedback on their final result, I'd be happy to provide it.Thanks,Matthew

####, i'm apparently the only one with an acurate scale model of it floating around (apparently another model was made, but it was incorrect...someone in the states has that one), if you want photos of it... lemme know?

Hi Scott,How do you mean the only one with an accurate scale model of the wedgetail?Matthew,PMDG have stated previously that the add-on was complete, but just waiting the day........So that may be why no-one else has had a go at doing an FS model of one. PMDG do excellent work, and if they are doing one then it is worth the wait.I was also lead to believe that RAAF was the only customer of the Reallife acft at this time. In Australia we have had a resin conversion kit for a 1/144 737 for over twelve months. I have mine almost completed, just having minor probs with the photo-etched parts sticking.Anyway hope the FS version comes soon,Sean HvGPCAPTPersonnel Officer, RAAFvwww.raafvirtual.com

Guest Knikolaes

**whistles** Wow I just got a load of those airliners.net photos. VERY VERY nice. PMDG really going to add a wedgetail to their fleet? If so I will wait to paint her. If not, I will go ahead and have a try at painting her next week after I get back from a trip.

So what's going on with the Wedgetail? I see some people saying they're going to make their own repaint and others saying that PMDG is making up their own full version of the Wedgetail - not just a repaint.I realise the PMDG people are busy with the new 747-400 (which I can't wait to get my hands on) but I was just wondering because of the apparent confusion if someone has a straight (and correct) answer?

Guest Knikolaes

One cannot repaint that which is a physical modification, so it would have to be model or nothing.Perhaps someone can do a Wedge mod like they did the BBJ mod.

Guys,PMDG have stated that they are going to do the Wedgetail as an add-on, however it will not be available for release until after the 747 comes out at the earliest. So we are sitting patiently at this time. Hopefully good things come to those that wait.SeanvGPCAPTPersonnel Officer, RAAFv

Guest Knikolaes

Even better **smiles**I am to presume then that it will be a paid expansion? Or a free patch?