Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmarti

Problem with new PMDG Beech 1900C panels

Guest dmarti

I've buyed and installed your last product and I have a problem with panel: Only the cargo version shows the correct panel. For example, freight version shows CESNA panel.Any help to show the correct panels?Regards.

Guest bunchie

I have the same problem, only it's the other way around for me.... I can only get the passenger variant to display the proper panel.Do you get blank or black gauges as well? Especially if you select the radio stack or GPS?PMDG have answered my earlier post and advised me to let FS9 rebuild its config file but it did not cure it.I've also tried a complete re-install.... problem still there though.I'm sure PMDG will get us sorted.All the best,Stu

Guest Oz747

David/Stu,I have the same problem but only with the Freight version. I get the default 737 panel without any gauges. Sometimes I'll get the right panel B1900C but only half vertical size so everything is squeezed into a half height panel. Other times it'll load the right panel!!I only noticed it after I installed the DHL livery but that was the first time I used the Freight version. I will delete the DHL livery and see if that restores anything but I am guessing it won't as you're getting the same problem with the cargo version.James

Guest bunchie

James,Your right, it won't. I've had all your problems with just the default package, no add-on liveries..... It's over to you, PMDG.Stu

Guest bunchie

Vin,Email has been sent as we speak.Thanks for your help.Stu

Guest EC0101

sounds like an aliasing issue...

Guest drv4truk

Since we are all on the same page... I was wondering how soon after release did you all purchase the B1900C? I have the same problem with occasionally getting the default Cessna panel or sometimes getting the B1900C panel with no gauges. I have on several occasions reloaded the aircrfat or switched aircraft and then reloaded with varying results. Sometimes the panel will come back and only the popup panels (GPS, Radio,etc.) will have missing gauges, and then sometimes it will load correctly after switching aircraft. I purchased within hours of release and I still have the nose wheel compression problem (Is it also a nose wheel turning radius issue?). I wonder if this may be part of the problem? Regards,Kris Goodrich

Guest drv4truk

Well, I still haven't heard anything from PMDG. Just loaded up the B1900C DHL freighter and got the default Cessna panel again. :-mad After switching to the Ameriflight Cargo model I get the B1900C panel but it is only half the normal size (have to drag it to full screen). The passenger model is fine when loaded. I tried loading the freight model again and WOW.. the panel is correct. But, upon further inspection, all gauges are missing from the subpanels, GPS, Radio, Zoom and the throttle panel.Could it be because the freighter model is aliased to the cargo panel and the cargo panel doesn't have any of the bitmaps it needs to create a panel? Just guessing. All of the bitmaps are in the B1900C panel folder so I guess I'll alias the cargo and freight models to the main B1900C panel. Is there a difference on the panel between the passenger and cargo or freight models?Regards,Kris Goodrich

Guest bunchie

Kris,I've had a reply off Paul at PMDG via email, regarding these panel issues and he advised me there is a patch being worked on.... an anouncement will be made here at Avsim later this week.Stu

For now, I would just alias all the panels to the main panel.On my system, the 2d cargo panel has slightly different rear-view bitmaps, but apart from that, it is all the same panel.In the freight version, the alias had a spelling error (little dash -missing)..

Bert

Guest Oz747

Bert,Fixing up that alias problem worked a treat for me. Thanks for spotting and sharing that fix.James

Guest bunchie

Me too.Nice one.Stu

GuysHere's a fix that's worked for me.I found the panel.cgo folder in the FREIGHT version is aliased to the panel.cgo folder in the PMDG B1900C Cargo version. Now, when I loaded the FedEx livery, I found it only showed the CESSNA 2D panel with no gauges. I checked out the path way and found what appears to be an error. The exisitng path points to alias=PMDG Express B1900C Cargopanel.cgobut the proper name for the CARGO version is PMDG Express B1900C-Cargo (it has a hyphen between the B1900 and the Cargo).So, I edited the FREIGHT panel.cgo folder to readalias=PMDG Express B1900C-Cargopanel.cgo (ie I inserted the hyphen)and the 2D panel comes up when the FREIGHT versions are loaded.I hope this helps you.