Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

To V-Sync or not to V-Sync..........

That is the question?What is your experience with FS2002 and the FPS's with or without V-Sync? I noted that FPS's are higher....What do you lose when you elect to turn off V-Sync with NVMAX?Thanks for you support!Paul

Guest gasebah

Hi Paul,there has been an extensive, and technically backed up thread about this in this forum maybe two or three weeks ago. You should easily find it with a search for V-sync.However let me tell you this much.1. You will get an improved framerate with V-sync off.2. There will be some smearing at times because the upper and lower part of the screen are not the same frame sometimes.V-sync forces the computer to wait until the complete frame is drawn on your screen, thus decreasing possible frame rate. Excuse my technically improper explanation but very simplified that is the background.3. NVmax is no longer supported by the developers. It will not work properly with the newer drivers. Get NVHardPage or GTU instead for the right results. BY the way: V-Sync can also be disabled frm the original drivers menu.Hope that helps,Alex

Hey Alex, where I can get this programs? Txs in advanced.

Martoni

Guest gasebah

Go to www.guru3d.com.Rgds,Alex